Color Tattoo: Review

11:45

I'm so excited to do this review!

I've not been into cream eye shadows for that long. I've only just started trying them out.
I tested out the Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadow pots. Here's what I think about them so far.



I read a post only just a few days ago about the Leather Effect and the regular one. Honestly, I didn't notice this when I bought these products, because I bought them separately. I think the only difference is that the regular ones are metallic and the Leather Effect ones are matte.

Sorry I dabbed my fingers in this already. I learned the hard way: always take pictures of things you buy immediately, before using them! Now your pictures look crap! Thanks, impatient self!)


The two products are quite similar, apart from their finish, but let's start with the regular one.




The On and on Bronze (or apparently, Bad to the Bronze in America) is a super nice bronze colour. It gives a lot of depth to my eyes. It can be used as a base for other eyeshadows but I just tend to use it on it's own. I love how brown toned eye make up matches my green-ish eyes so good. I really love the texture of this product as well. It's so easy to apply and perfect for lazy eye make up days!
I use this one more for going out or dressing up, rather than every day make up, because it has some shimmer in it. For my day make up, I lean more towards the other color tattoo pot I own:



The Color Tattoo Leather Effect in Creamy Beige is a lovely taupe-y colour and perfect as a base for other eyeshadows. (Apparently it's a very good colour match to the Mac Pro Longwair Paint Pot in Groundwork!) I've not combined them with others yet, because I like it on it's own. This is a lovely matte colour that just gives my eye a bit more of depth without having to do the whole darker-eyeshadow-in-the-crease thing. Don't get me wrong, I love to make my eyes look pretty, but some days you just don't feel like doing all that. This gives a natural depth to my eyes and make them stand out a bit more.


Two very similar products, even in colour, one shimmery and one matte.
I am very pleased with these and I can't wait to buy more colours in the future.

I can't really judge the staying power. They promise 24h stay, but I have the most oily eyelids in the world and I have not yet discoverd one single eyeshadow that doesn't crease, so obviously this one creases too. For other people, it might work because I can feel the consistency of this product is made to stay on longer, and I really love it, but I just can't judge. I shoudl put on primer every single time I apply make up, but even then I don't think it stays on for a whole day. The only one working for me so far is the urban decay eye shadow primer, which I got for free to test out along with my Naked palette, so that's a work in progress :-)

I hope you enjoyed it!
Do you own any of the Color Tattoo's? in which colour(s)?
Or do you prefer other brands' creamy eyeshadow?


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo





You Might Also Like

1 reacties

  1. I really love that Leather Effect shade! This is next on my list :)

    Brogan xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen