Favourite things - January

10:00

These are a few of my favourite things... 

That's what's going through my head when I think about writing this post!
I can't believe January is almost over and this blog is almost existing for a whole month. I've been looking forward to this post ever since I started this! :D

Favoutite posts will always include some beauty-related things and some non-beauty favourites.
I'm going to try to do these 7 categories every month: eyes / face / hair / body / jewelry / home / misc.

Yes, the eyes get a separate category from the rest of the make up, as I am obsessed with eye products!

Let's stop rambling now, shall we? Here are my January favourites!




Eyes:


I am loving my recent buy from Rimmel. It's the Kate eyeshadow stick in Rose Gold.
This is such a lovely bronze colour, it's the colour I have been looking for for quite some time.
I love the intensity of the colour as well, and it's such a lazy product: just sweep it on your eyelid and you're good to go, without any effort!


Face:




Another product from my recent haul is this highlighter from The Balm. It's the Mary-Lou Manizer, a highly promoted product by a number of YouTubers. It gives such a nice glow that is not too much in-your-face and is perfect for day and night. I just apply a little bit during the day and if I go out somewhere I use just a bit more to accentuate my cheeks. I love the packaging as well, it's such a compact little product (but with a big mirror inside!)


Hair:


During these cold, windy winter days, I hate doing my hair because it gets greasy very fast and frizzy because of the moist weather. That's why I don't use my straighteners/curling wand a lot right now. It just doesn't make sense, straightening my hair and WHOOSH it's all messed up if I step outside. That's why this product, the Toni&Guy Sea Salt spray, is my best friend these days. It makes my hair look like I messed it up on purpose and not like I just got out of bed without combing my hair. I love the smell of this as well, it reminds me of men's perfume, I don't know why :-) But I love the effect of texturized hair and I will be using this a lot in the upcoming months as well. 


Body:


I got this body cream along with some other products from Rituals for my birthday last month. This is the Mei Dao body cream. The smell of this is so fresh and simple and calming and I just adore it. It moisturizes my skin so well without it being sticky. (I find that The Body Shop body butters tend to do that sometimes, or at least the fruity ones). It feels so soft on my hands and skin. If you never tried this before, I recommend that you do!


Jewelry:


I bought these earrings at a shop in The Netherlands called BieZoe. I've seen these around in other shops as well, ever since the Chanel trend was spotted at Emma Watson's ears on the red carpet. I find these utterly classy and I can really wear these with anything. I thought I could only pull them off with classy outfits, but you can really dress them down and wear these kind of edgy as well. The shop lady was wearing a leather jacket and these earrings and it was so beautiful. I love them a lot. (They were also very inexpensive, around 7€!)


Home:


I bought another candle (shocking!) and this time, it was one from Rituals, the Under a Fig Tree fig scented one. I love Fig scents, they smell so subtle yet leave a really good smell in my room. There's really not much more I can say about a candle, other than "I like the smell!"


Misc:


This little fellow hase been my hero for a lot of times! I took it with me to Birmingham as well, so I can charge my iPod during the day. I take it with me to every festival, because I take all the pictures with my iPod so the battery runs out quite quickly if I make a video or two. it's so small and doesn't take up any space in your handbag. It's a life savior, really, so that's why I'm giving it a shout out this month!


What are your current favourites? Let me know down in the comments! (if you did a favourite's post on your blog, you can link it down below as well! I'd love to check it out!)


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo






You Might Also Like

20 reacties

  1. That Rimmel eyeshadow stick is just too gorgeous !!

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ♥♥♥

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yes it is! So glad I have it in my life.
      Your comments make me so happy Candice! Glad you enjoy my blog :) wx

      Verwijderen
  2. I didn't know they did Kate Moss eyeshadow sticks! Definitely going to have to get a few of those!

    Katy x x


    www.whatkatyknows.net

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. haha, yes they do! they come in four colours ;) this one is the most 'neutral' one though! x

      Verwijderen
  3. Mary Lou Manizer is one of the best I've tried & so affordable too!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I don't know, the price it somewhere midrange, it was 22 euros in Belgium, it's pricey enough for a highlighter I think ;) but it's a gorgeous one ;)

      Verwijderen
  4. I have the Tony & Guy sea salt spray too and its great! Lovely post X

    www.allaboutthatmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I must give that Kate eyeshadow stick a try! Looks a lovely colour! I want those pearls too! Lovely post!! xxx Emily

    http://emilykatedale.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. it's a wonderful colour, the eye shadow stick. The pearl earrings will pop up somewhere you'll find them, sooner or later ;) I feel like they will be everywhere within a few months ;) x

      Verwijderen
  6. I just recently purchased the Mary-Lou highlight and I love it :) Great photos :) xo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. thanks! I'm still struggling with the right lighting and stuff but I think they look pretty okay atm :)

      the mary-lou manizer is a wonderful product ;) I like the packaging so much haha ;) it's so quirky. x

      Verwijderen
  7. Lovely post, really nice how all the photos are the same size. I think I might have to try that eye shadow stick and those earrings are gorgeous! I didn't know you could get fig scented candles but they sound so good, something else I'll have to try! I've written a monthly reads post if you want to take a look, it would be nice if you did.
    Emily
    http://dreamuphappiness.blogspot.co.uk/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks, that's so sweet!
      Yes, Fig candles smell SOOO good so if you ever stumble upon one, buy it immediately! ;D
      I'll check your post right now honey! xx

      Verwijderen
  8. I'm obsessed with the earrings and the mary louminizer!! Amazing favorites, love your blog!
    xo Kaley
    Thechicgeek.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Will definitely have to try out the Kate eyeshadow stick! Lovely post:)

    http://beautebyellie.blogspot.co.uk/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. I love the Balm Mary-Lou Manizer - such a gorgeous highlighter! :) x

    Brenda BusyBee

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. I'm addicted to candles! And I love fig scents too. That highlighter looks beautiful and I have been looking for one, so I have to check this out.

    http://themulberrylane.blogspot.com/

    Xo, Sam.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. I love them earrings!
    Alicia x
    http://bambidreaming.blogspot.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen