A chocolaty gift idea : V-DAY WEEK

10:00

Let's talk gifts.

Either if it's for your boyfriend or girlfriend, your sister or your mom, your best friend, your co-worker... a chocolate gift is the right thing 9/10 times.

I made this for a friend's birthday last week, but I figured it would be great as a Valentine's gift too.
It doesn't cost a lot, because you can make most of it yourself.

Let's start with the DIY chocolate melts.




These were SO easy to make and did not take any effort at all. I saw this idea on Pinterest so I decided to try and make them myself. All you will need is:

- dark, milk or white chocolate, whatever you prefer to make hot chocolate
-toppings (M&M's, cookies, marshmellows, candy cane, twix bar, malteser...)
-cupcake cups

...that's literally it!

I used milk chocolate because my friend prefers it. I bought the chocolate tablets that were already divided into bars. I took 1 bar for each chocolate melt I was going to make. Just chunk them up in a bowl (that's microave resistant!) and pop it in the microwave until it's melted. Give it a stir so there are no chunks left in the melted chocolate.

Now just spoon it into the cups and try to divide it as equally as possible.

Then take your toppings and break them into pieces, chuck them up, whatever is needed, and put them onto the melted chocolate cups. Now pop them into the freezer overnight and VOILA!


The next recipe I got from Sorted Food over on YouTube. It's really really simple to make.
All you will need is:

-100 grams of dark chocolate (milk or white is possible, but actual truffles are with dark chocolate)
-50 grams (not ml !!) of double cream
-toppings (chocolate sprinkles, crushed cookies, almond nuts, pistachios...)
-a bowl and some cups to put the toppings in
-tea spoon


Put the chocolate and the cream together in a microwave resistant bowl and let it melt in the microwave for a minute or two. Stir well when you get it out of the microwave so it becomes a smooth mixture. Then pop it into the fridge for a few hours so the mixture gets a hard consistency.

When that's done, you can grab your tea spoon and scoop out some of the chocolate mixture out as if you are making a tiny ice cream. Now roll this into a ball (but not for too long because the chocolate will melt again! do it quick!)

Now drop it into a cup of topping, let it be crushed cookies, nuts, sprinkles or cocoa powder. roll it around so all of it is covered. Then put it into a separate bowl or container.

After doing that I popped them into the freezer for a bit because I made them a few days in advance. I think you can just as well pop them into the fridge if you're going to serve them the same day.

That was easy wasn't it?
You can watch the video here if you find it hard to understand how to actually make them:


Then I made a chocolate lip scrub that I saw over here: 

For this you need:
- 1 teaspoon of white or brown sugar
-hot chocolate mix (or I used cocoa powder)
-optionally some cinnamon
-vanilla essence
-olive oil or coconut oil
-a little container


All you need to do is mix the dry ingredients together, then add the vanilla essence and the oil (add this teaspoon by teaspoon, you don't want to get too much in it but it really depends on the products you're using). mix it all together and put it in the container. I got mine at Muji for £0,85. I decorated it with a bow and a flower on top.


Lastly I made a little bag of candy cane sugar sweets that are filled with chocolate. I had them at home, I did not make them myself! ;-) I just thought it would be a nice addition to the whole collection of chocolaty things.


I spotted this beautiful tin box at a local vintage decoration store. I put everything in there so my friend can use this gorgeous box afterwards to put on her desk at her dorm. I also picked up a little wooden plate that says "There's nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate." to give it a nice touch, as well as a birthday card (that had a red enveloppe, lucky me it fits into the theme!)


I think she will love this!

Will you be making any of these for your lover, your friend or just yourself any time soon?


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo





You Might Also Like

3 reacties

  1. I am all over these, I'll definitely be making the chocolate melts for valentines day. Probably for myself, no regrets.

    Sammy xo.

    littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. These look amazing! I want all the chocolate, lol

    xo Franchesca| City Mermaid

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen