Benefit: Roller Lash Review!

10:00

Hey beauties!

So, I went to a bookshop that sells international books and magazines and I found the UK edition of ELLE magazine with the Benefit Roller Lash mascara inside and I was so happy that I bought it immediately!

I have seen so many reviews on this one the past month, so I wanted to do this NOW before the hype is over ;-)





Prepare yourselves, for what I am about to say might be shocking. But I don't like it as much as everyone else... WHAT??? How is that possible?

Well, for one, my lashes are super weird au naturel. The ends point everywhere but up and I love a mascara that can solve that problem. (Even an eye lash curler doesn't work.)

So any mascara that promises me to curl my lashes upwards, gets a shot from me. When I saw all the reviews about it, I thought, ohno, it's a plastic brush... and I don't really like that.

I must say, the brush itself feels very comfortable when I apply this mascara. It's so soft and I really don't mind it being plastic. I get why everyone loves it though: it really curls your lashes!


BUT.
First of all, I like mascaras to be volumizing as well. I noticed my lashes were longer and curled, but I just prefer if they have some volume as well. And I just didn't see that happening for me.

However it did stay on all day, it managed to fall out a bit. I saw in the evening I had some black smudgy bits under my eyes. What a shame, because the formula is very long lasting, just like the Benefit They're Real mascara. Which brings me to another point: both these mascaras have the habit of not coming off to easily when I try to remove them. I know that's why they promise to last all day long, but hey, there needs to be a balance between sticking to your lashes while you're wearing it and not coming off in the evening, making me having to scrub it off and hurt my eyes.

Some people love it, some people hate it. I just think it's not a great mascara for me.


 Another thing I realised is that it looks so much like the new Maybelline mascara, Lash Sensational, which to be honest, I don't really like either. I LOVE Maybelline mascaras, but this one is no favourite of mine. If I had to choose between the Lash Sensational and the Roller Lash, I'd say the latter. It's softer than the l'Oréal one. But it works kind of the same. It has the same shape of wand, only the l'Oréal one is a bit rounder and shorter. They have the same kind of 'hook'-system to them. And they both suck at taking off in the evening. I'm sorry. I'd rather stick to the bristle wands and volumizing mascaras.


I hope this didn't put you off though. It's worth giving a shot, and I'm glad I could test it out in a miniature version (which I also did for the They're Real mascara a while ago) and I think a lot of you will actually like it very much. I just have a love-hate relationship with Benefit. I absolutely love some of their products, just not their mascaras, I guess.


Have you picked up this month's Elle Magazine with the Benefit Roller Lash in it. What do you think of it? Love it or hate it? Let me know!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo





Charline Has a Blog

You Might Also Like

13 reacties

  1. So weird that you don't find it easy to remove! I can remove most of it with micellar water, which I can't do with they're real. Came off like a dream with an oil based remover! What remover do you use?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yeah I don't know what it is... I usually take all my make up off with a wet wipe, including my eyes (then I follow with my cleansing soap etc.) but sometimes I use something flower water based. I usually get the mascara I regularly off very easily with that. I just have some trouble with Benefit mascaras, and I don't know why. It is such a shame though :(

      Verwijderen
  2. The black and rose gold packaging looks nice but if it doesn't do what you want it to then, it isn't worth it.

    www.girlcandress.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. yeah I do really like the packaging for the full sized version. It's a shame that lovely gimmick won't be in my make up bag! I think there are just a lot of other mascaras that are better for me ;)

      Verwijderen
  3. Stylish photos. I like your post.

    Spring post – http://starlingdays.blogspot.com/2015/03/blog-post.html

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. thanks! I really enjoy it when people compliment me on the photography. The lighting was nice that day, I guess :) I do struggle a lot with it but I'm getting there! xx

      Verwijderen
  4. I was distracted by the gorgeous Keira Knightley for much of this post (uhh, major girlcrush!). Okay but seriously, I enjoyed the post! I've always found it incredibly difficult to find more than a couple mascaras that benefit my own eyelashes. (Pun intended.)

    kendradaale.blogspot.ca

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Haha! Good one. I feel like there should be more people doing posts about some things they DON'T like. I always rely on reviews before buying something. It's good to know when you don't have to waste your money on bad stuff. But up until now, I have been the only one that doesn't seem to like this mascara... Good for Benefit, right? a lot of people love it and I wish I would love it, for the full size packaging only, because you have to admit it's GORGEOUS. ;)

      Verwijderen
  5. I've just ordered this - I hope I like it! I didn't like They're Real. Love honest posts like this!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks! I don't want to write things on my blog that aren't my complete honest, own opinion. ;)

      Verwijderen
  6. I wasn't super blown away by the "They're Real" mascara and I found it annoying to remove also! But for whatever reason I'm still dying to try this one! thanks for the honest review! ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I was so happy that I found the magazine here in Belgium. I think I would have splurged on the full size if I didn't, and would have regretted buying it afterwards. I bought the sample sized They're Real a while ago, and I was happy that it was a small size because I didn't really like it either. Thank god for sample sizes.

      But you should try it, I mean, everyone and their mother likes it, it's just me who doesn't, haha. ;)

      Love x

      Verwijderen