Day-to-night make up!

10:00

Hey everyone!

Today I show you how to turn a simple day-look into an upgraded night party-look.
Video down below!




If you'd like to read about all the steps I did, everything is in the (very long) post down below!

I already did my foundation, concealer and powder before filming. I feel like it's not useful to show you what I did in the video, because a lot of people will stick to their choice of base products anyways. At least I do. Whenever a foundation is working very well for me, I will use that in stead of trying out a new one. It's just what you prefer, mattifying or glowy or anything you like!

If you'd like to know what I used: Clinique Even Better SPF 15 foundation in the shade 03 light, Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in the shade 1 fair on my red areas (around my nose, on my chin), YSL Touche Eclat in the shade 2 under my eyes and on my brow bone, Rimmel Stay Matte powder to set everything.

I also filled in my brows with Mac Charcoal Brown and set them with Maybelline BrowDrama in Transparent.

Now, onto the face!
I start with my Benefit Hoola Bronzer to warm up my face a bit. I contour a bit right underneath my cheekbones. To do this, I suck in my cheeks a little so I can see clearly where to put the bronzer. I never do massive contouring, because I don't really know how to do it right!
I bring the product up to my temples, around my forehead, a bit on my nose and down my chin to create a bit of shadow.

I then move to the eyes. I use my favourite product of the moment: Maybelline Colour Tattoo in the shade On and On Bronze. I love this for daytime wear. I put it all over the lid with my fingers and blend it out with a Zoeva Luxe Soft Definer brush.

I then take my Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette and put some Semi-Sweet into the crease to give my eye a bit of depth. It's a beautiful warm brown color that matches the On and On Bronze very well.

I curl my lashes and put on my go-to mascara Maybelline The Falsies on my upper lashes only. I usually think this is enough for daytime wear, but you can put it on your lower lashes if you like.

To finish of my face, I use my new Superdry Burnt Coral blush. It's such a lovely shade and it stays on my face for the whole day! It was such a bargain too, only €5,99!

That only leaves me with lipgloss. To give a hint of colour to my lips, I use my Benefit Coralista lipgloss.

And that is my day look finished!

***

For the night-look, I start with applying some more Benefit Hoola Bronzer to my face, as I like my cheekbones more defined when I go out.

Then I go to the eyes again and I apply a beautiful golden colour that's in the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette again. I'm using Crème Brûlée and I put in on top of the On and On Bronze cream shadow, all over my lid, but not too high up. I blend it out again with a little more Semi-Sweet to create a beautiful transition into the crease. This gives the eyes a bit more sparkle to it.

To line my eyes, I start with my lower lash line. I'm using a very old but not well used miniature kohl pencil from Estée Lauder called Blackened Cocoa. It's a lovely dark brown shade, quite ashy toned. (I have no idea if it still exists,  but I'm sure there are a lot of alternatives to it.) I blend it out with my finger to give it more of a smudgy look. 

Before I line my upper lash line, I put some highlighter in the inner corners of my eye. For this I use The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer.

On my upper lash line I use l'Oréal Super Liner Perfect Slim which is my favourite black eyeliner pen. It's so easy to use. I create a simple thin black line, nothing to special, and I don't do a flick at the end. Just a bit of lining, nothing more to it.

I then apply some more Superdry Burnt Coral blush to pimp up my look and give more colour to my cheeks. It's too much for a day look, but I like to have beautiful coloured cheeks in the evening!

I then go back to the Mary-Lou Manizer and apply it to my cheekbones, on my nose and on my cupids bow (above the lip) to highlight my face. It just gives such a lovely glow.

I almost forgot to do the extra bit of mascara! So I take my Maybelline The Falsies again and put it on my lower lashes. I did an extra coat on my upper lashes too, because I filmed it in one go. I don't know if it's a good idea to do that in the evening, when your mascara is all dry. Some say it's not good for your lashes, others do it all the time; You decide. You can also put on some false lashes here. I'm no good at them so I never do that.

Lastly, I put on some more Benefit Coralista lipgloss. Obviously, all of it will be gone in the evening, and you want your lips to shine in the evening! I don't like lipstick a lot, as some of you may know, but of course, if you are a lipstick lover, feel free to pop out your favourite party-lip colour here!



I hope you can all get some inspiration out of it! Feel free to tweet me @charline_st if you create this make up look. Or do you have some other good tips on how to upgrade your look from day-to-night? Let me know in the comments!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo



PS: I'm still getting used to filming stuff for this blog. Only people with the link will see the video. I'm not ready for the big come-out to my friends and family. SO you won't be able to search the video on youtube. I'm sorry.

I am using natural light, as you can see. The sun pops out at one moment, so you see how the lighting changes. I do think natural light is the best to show you my make up. I'm sorry if it bothers you, but the weather has been so weird. I can't even take proper pictures lately. However, I like filming and editing these things for you and I hope you are all as excited as I am about this. Maybe one day I will make these videos public. But not right now. Exclusive material for my readers only ;-) xxx



Charline Has a Blog

You Might Also Like

4 reacties