Disappointing products

10:00

Hey!

Everyone is always talking about their favourite products...
But what about the regrets? A lot of us bought stuff that they didn't end up to like so much.

Here are my disappointing products!


Now it may surprise you that I don't like some of these products, but hey, there's always got to be someone!

The sun was not on my side the day I took these pictures, sorry about that!


I talked about these a while ago when I reviewed the Benefit Roller Lash mascara. The They're Real and the Roller Lash are two sample sized products that luckily existed so I didn't have to buy the full size and be disappointed. It's not that they are not doing what they promise, because actually they do, but I just tried them out and see if I personally liked them and I just didn't. They come of really difficultly in the evening. I also compared the Roller Lash to the Maybelline Lash Sensational in that same blog post a while ago. Again, it's just not for me. I try to make it work sometimes but I still didn't figure out how. The last mascara is the H&M Volume Mascara that I bought for the €20 make up challenge. It smells really bad and it does not volumize your lashes at all. I don't know what this product does but you just end up with a bunch of smelly product on your lashes.



Here are three concealer(-ish) products that did not make the cut.
First is the HEMA Concealer Stick which I also bought because it was cheap so it could fit into my €20 make up challenge-budget. It's drying and it accentuates dry patches and again, it stinks. Big no-no. There are also two Benefit products (again! I love Benefit for some of their products, but some of them I just can't work with! No shame for Benefit, but plain old honesty.) The Stay Don't Stray is a concealer/primer product that can be used to even out your eyelids without putting on eyeshadow, but also promises to work as a primer so your eye shadows don't move around. It does everything BUT that. My eyelids are so oily and it's so difficult to get my eyeshadow to last for a long time. They promised me that, but it didn't do the job. I sometimes use it for a naked-eye day, as I said, to even out the eyelid a bit. Nothing more. 


 Last concealer is my Benefit Fake Up! which I have loved a lot a while ago, because I didn't have anything else. I wasn't really into concealers, lets say, two years ago. I started being so tired at school and I felt that I needed one to cover up my dark circles. Since I love the Benefit blushes and stuff, I asked the lady in the shop what I could use best. The Fake Up! is a concealer stick that is very hydrating at the same time. In the centre is the "paint" product and around it is a hydrating stick, as if it was a lip balm. I did love it because I loved how hydrating it was. But I started noticing that it creased a lot during the day and I had to go check every other hour in a mirror if I didn't have the crazy lines under my eyes. Such a shame because I feel like this product could have worked so well. I guess it depends if you have a lot of creases underneath your eyes anyways. I do so in the end, it wasn't a great product for me. I just used it until I found something better. It is, however, very quick&easy if you're running late. It's not the baddest, but I just found better concealers.



This is a BE eye shadow palette; I think this brand only exists in Belgium, at Ici Paris XL specifically, but I'm not 100% sure about what I'm saying right now. I loved this palette when I saw it, but was so disappointed with the colour pay off. The shadows are really dusty and chalky and I have to put on a load of shadow to create the intensity I wanted.


The last products I have for you in this post are two l'Oréal products. Again, I love l'Oréal a lot and I have a bunch of their products. These two are just not good. First is the Super Liner Blackbuster. I bought this one as a first proper eyeliner. I was not sure if I could handle a thin paint brush liner, because up until then I only used kohl pencils. When I saw this, I thought, this will help me gradually go to a proper eyeliner. And I did believe that when I was using it a couple of times. But it created the thickest line ever and my preferences just started to change a bit and I wanted to do a thin line too. Besides, this is just another smelly product (think white board markers, yep.) and it doesn't stay on very well. When I tried to do a flick, it came off after a couple of hours. If I accidentally touched it, it was gone forever. Whereas the Super Liner Perfect Slim, which I love atm, does not do that. So I changed to that one very quickly.

A recent purchase is the l'Oréal Brow Artist Plumper. It's a coloured brow gel (but I think it's available in transparent as well) which I never tried before, of any brand. I heard it was a great dupe for the Benefit Gimme Brow. I wanted to try out the Benefit one, but as this was a cheaper alternative, I tried this one out first. I think I might go try out the Benefit one in the near future, because I don't really like this product at all. Just like HelloOctoberxo describes so perfectly in her video: it feels like the skin around your brow is tightened when the product is dry. It's so hard to describe, but I think it just dries up very hard so it almost pulls your skin when you move your eyebrow. I think I might try out the transparent one if I remember to pick it up when I'm at the drugstore. I have the feeling it's because of the paint in the product.


That is everything I have to rant about! At the end of the month there will be another monthly favourites post and I've got an all-time-favourites post planned for next month (just to spread it out a bit) so keep your eyes peeled for that!


What are some disappointing products for you? What did you really regret buying?


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo



PS: I updated my blog a little bit. I changed my header logo, the font on my page and put the navigation bar in the center of my blog title. Also I took away the borders around the tabs. Let me know what you think about it!

Charline Has a Blog

You Might Also Like

13 reacties

  1. for me the most disappointing one was the benefit they're real push-up liner. i bought the sample combo with the mascara and as much as I love the mascara i hate the eyeliner! it's so hard to apply..

    xx from Italy
    Cate ღ kate/idoscope | youtube

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Oh that's such a shame! I heard a lot of good things about that one, and I was always wondering if it was good... I did not buy it because it's quite expensive but I was thinking about trying it out one day... Might change my mind then :) x

      Verwijderen
  2. Always sad when products just don't work out..

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    ♥♥♥

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I have a love/hate relationship with those two Benefit mascaras! One minute I'll love them and the next I'll be so disappointed it frustrates me, I can never quite make up my mind. I really didn't like the Benefit They're Real push-up liner, they say how 'easy' it is to apply but it's one of the hardest eyeliners I've ever used, so awkward x

    www.taintedblues.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. That's so weird, yeah... I guess it just works for some people, but not for others... You love it or you hate it... I've got a love-hate relationship with Benefit in general. Some of their stuff is so amazing, other stuff I just hate using :p It's trial and error really :) x

      Verwijderen
  4. Aw such a shame about some products, as I love some of these. Like the Stay Don't Stray, is my number 1! however, L'oreal eyeliner I completely agree with! But glad to see an honest post about these :) Best to tell people the truth, for sure! :)
    haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yeah I don't really know why it doesn't seem to work for me... Too bad because it could have been such a great product... Oh well :) x

      Verwijderen
  5. I was really surprised to see that you were disappointed with the benefit roller lash. Heard some many good things about, But this was a lovely post.

    Shari x // sharinelsonx.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I've been lucky enough not to have tried any of these products! Thanks for your honesty :)
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Useful post! I was thinking of trying the Maybelline mascara but now I have my doubts.

    Check out my DIY feather crossbody bag on www.girlcandress.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Well, I mean, it's an okay mascara, it just wasn't for me :) I heard a lot of great stuff about it too :)

      Will do! x

      Verwijderen
  8. I'm so glad I'm not the only one that the Benefit mascaras don't work for. Both the They're Real and Roller Lash seem to stick/clump my lashes together throughout the day, and since they both are so hard to remove - my lashes are still stuck together the next morning when I try and put on a different mascara ]=

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen