Make Up Series: #2 Mascara

10:00

Hey everyone!

Since I got into make up, I've been through a whole journey of products which I have loved and have let go, used up or thrown away. I want to take you on that past journey with me and tell you about the evolution of me growing into certain products and sticking with them.

Last time was about my eyeliner journey through time.

Today I want to show you my mascara collection and what I've been putting on my lashes since I started using make up.




I started out with some samples. You know, my mom bought some bits and bobs regularly and whenever there was a sample size of something, she gave it to me so I could experiment with it. This was probably at the age of 14 or 15. I didn't apply mascara every day back then. Just when I felt like it. I still keep these in my beauty case, I have no idea why they are still in there. They are completely dried out. The first one and the third one are the same, but one was a later version of the other with a slight difference in packaging. It's the Clinique High Impact Mascara in black. The middle one is one from Estée Lauder called Projectionist High Definition Volume Mascara, also in black.



Sometimes when I was with my mother out shopping and I spotted something while she was choosing other make up stuff, I would really try and get something from her. There was this time when se wanted to try out a new mascara from Helena Rubinstein. She still repurchases hers called the Lash Queen Sexy Blacks, the one with the felt lace flowers on there. She spoiled me with the Spectacular Extension mascara, also from Helena Rubinstein. I used this one so so so so much. It's just a regular mascara but it worked so well and wasn't too in your face, which was perfect for me at that age. I think I repurchased this one once, because the old one was completely dried up after using it so often. I don't use it anymore now.



Then one day I decided to try out a drugstore mascara. My mom is used to getting high end make up all the time. She uses the same products every day and just repurchases the stuff she runs out of. But at my age, I just want to try out new stuff and experiment with it. I decided to get Maybelline The Falsies because at this point, I just started watching YouTubers like Zoella and Tanya Burr, who used this product all the time. Up until now this is my favourite mascara ever and I use it almost every day.

I decided to try out some other Maybelline mascaras because I liked it so much, so I went for the Colossal Volum'Express Cat Eyes and The Falsies Black Drama, which is the extra black and extra thickening version of the regular The Falsies mascara. I like both of them, but not as much as my original The Falsies mascara.


When the Lancôme x Alber Elbaz limited edition Hypnôse mascaras came out, I decided to try one of these. They still exist, but this packaging was limited edition. I went for the Doll Eyes one. It's a very big brush which accentuates the outer lashes the most. I think it's too dramatic for an every day look, but I sometimes wear it when I go out.


For a while after that I didn't try out any other mascara, since I already had more than enough of them. Until I heard about the Rimmel Kate ScandalEyes mascara. I picked it up last summer when I was in London, because I couldn't find the Emerald shade in Belgium. I love it because it's not black. It's very subtle and I use this one for when I look quit tired, so my eyes look very fresh. (I used this one in my Wake Me Up make up post with video tutorial.)



The last three mascara purchases were not too long ago. I tried out the Benefit They're Real (miniature version) but I wasn't convinced. I bought the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara when it recently came out but I didn't really like the plastic wand. I tried out the Benefit Roller Lash that was included in a sample size with the Elle Magazine not too long ago, and this too is not my favourite mascara. I think I can say I am not a big fan of plastic mascara wands, since I loved all my previous mascaras. Hey, now I know. I think once you have a favourite one, nothing is going to top it unless it's a miracle product.


Maybelline mascaras are overall still my favourite.



What are your absolute favourite mascaras? Or are there any you really hated? Let me know down in the comments! Also: what product would you like me to talk about next?



Lots of love!
Charline

xoxo



Charline Has a Blog

You Might Also Like

6 reacties

  1. Really enjoyed your little journey with your mascaras! I can remember what I used but wouldn't have the packaging. Very interesting post :)
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yeah I don't know why I didn't throw them away, probably because I thought I would use them again some day and then disappeared somewhere :) haha. x

      Verwijderen
  2. Great post! Lots of mascaras that I really want to try now! My favourites are definitely the falsies and CT Full fat lashes!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks for checking it out ;) I'd love to try out a CT one; in fact I'd like to try out everything from CT :D x

      Verwijderen