l'Oréal Infallible 24h & 24h matte: review

10:00

Hey everyone!

A while ago I bought these quite new releases from l'Oréal and I'd like to share a word about them. One I really liked, the other I really disliked.
So without too much chitchatter, let's get on with it!




The first one I picked up was the Infallible 24h stay fresh foundation in the shade 140 Golden Beige. I must say it was a total waste of my 17 euros. I got the lightest shade that is available in Belgium. In the UK they have 3 lighter shades, which are 015 Porcelain, 120 Vanilla and 125 Natural Rose. Either of these shades would have been better than the one I got. It looked okay in the bottle and on my hand when I swatched it, but it turned out to be so yellow on my face! Not a good look. I tried to mix it in with the Clinique foundation I'm currently using - and suits my skin colour - but it didn't help. I tried to make it work, however.


As you can see, it comes in a pump. Which I do like. It feels very hygienic.

I wore it to a day out in the city to see if the 24h staying power was true. And I'm afraid it wasn't. "Fights Make Up Meltdown" is a sentence that couldn't have been more wrong. After a few hours I had patches on my face where the foundation clumped together and other patches where all my foundation was gone. I had to fix my face with my little carry-on foundation powder twice that day. It showed the yellow tone in the foundation so much harder when it started to leave my face. I didn't really get why they would call it 24h if it only holds for a few hours...

I tried it again on a more 'relaxed' day at school, thinking I may have given it a first try in quite extreme conditions: an entire day of walking in the wind and the sun on my face for the first time. So I thought I would give it another chance of proving itself.

But again, it failed me. It left me with a white border around my mouth - not a good look people! The colour is way to dark for me. I don't get why they get the lighter shades in the Matte one, but not in this one...

However, I heard afterwards that this one is supposed to be more for dry skin... I don't know why because they don't mention it on their website or on the bottle...

I decided to get the 24h Matte mattifying infallible foundation instead. Another 17 euros. Which is quite expensive for a drugstore foundation anyways, but I thought this would work much better for me. I bought it with the Rimmel Stay Matte foundation in the back of my head, thinking it would be something similar. This one claims to be for normal to oily skin, so maybe it's not ideal for dry skin types.


This one comes in a tube. I like that too, because you can control the amount of product you want to get out, better. I got this one in the shade 11 Vanilla, which again was the lightest shade available in Belgium. They have it one shade lighter in the UK, which is 10 Porcelain.
The Vanilla one looked much more like my shade. God bless, this one was actually very good! It matched my skin tone SO well. Lucky me! 

It comes out as a liquid foundation, but when I apply it to my face and buff it in, it feels like a powder immediately. It's so lightweight and it feels as if I haven't got anything on my face. The coverage claims to be medium but buildable, but you can get such a high coverage out of this one. It looks and feels so natural on my skin! As if I'm not wearing any make up at all. It doesn't even dry out the problem areas on my face, which my Clinique one tend to do sometimes and some concealers tend to accentuate.

I powder afterwards, out of habit. If I only have to wear it for a few hours, I don't need that extra setting powder to gove it more of a matte finish, because this foundation already does that. I get oily throughout the day so if I go out for a whole day, I do still powder afterwards, just to set everything in place.

And the big reveal... this one actually stays on my face ALL DAY! I went shopping for a whole day - again!! - and it's been the ultimate test. Wearing a scarf that could rub off all my foundation on my chin, it was challenging but it passed the test!


I tried both of these l'Oréal foundations out with a face primer underneath and without. I didn't really notice a big difference with or without a primer with either of them.


I hope this review was as complete as possible for you!

Tell me if you liked it and if you tried either of these products down in the comments. I'd love to hear how you have experienced using these foundations!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Charline Has a Blog

You Might Also Like

17 reacties

  1. Great review ! I really want to try that foundacion and concealer !
    xoxo,

    http://atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I was thinking of grabbing both of these as they're on 3 for 2 at the moment over here in the UK and I found this really helpful. I think I'll prefer the matte one as I need the better coverage for skin redness, plus the weather is starting to get warmer now so I don't want my makeup to go anywhere... but yeah I'll probably end up buying both of them because I have literally zero self control.

    alicered.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I hope they will both work for you! Make sure to grab the right colour match for you then :) hehe. These 3 for 2 promos always make us buy more, don't they ? :D x

      Verwijderen
  3. It looks like I need to give the L'oreal 24h Matte mattifying infallible foundation a try. Sounds like something I would love. Thanks for putting this on my radar, hun!

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. No problem, love! ;) thanks for reading! x

      Verwijderen
  4. I only have the original glass bottle version and I have to say that it lasted quite well on my skin, I can't testify 24 hours as I never wear makeup that long but most of the day. I just hated how it applied though, took forever to blend into the skin and no one has time for that x

    Beauty with charm

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yeah it does take forever! But I'm glad it worked for you! ^^x

      Verwijderen
  5. I have heard so many things about these foundations. I really want to try the Matt one, it looks great.

    GreyWalls 

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yeah the Matte one is very raved about :) I'm glad I bought this gem! x

      Verwijderen
  6. I picked up the matte one yesterday and I was so nervous that in this review you would hate it! So glad you liked it, I can't wait to try it today! Sorry you didn't like the other one, though. They are quite expensive for the drugstore.
    Ivory Avenue

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hey! Thanks for stopping by on my blog!
      Yeah it's such a bummer, but I'm glad I tried out the Matte one, I use it everyday right now! x

      Verwijderen
  7. Great review! Just another thing added to my never ending wish list :p xoxo

    http://justjessicalee.blogspot.com.au

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks! &I feel you, whenever I buy 1 thing that was on my wish list, 2 others come back on the list... with all these new releases lately... it's hard to resist! x

      Verwijderen
  8. love the matte packaging!x

    http://styleflaw.blogspot.co.uk/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. I really want to try out some of the products from this range, I've heard some really good things!x

    Blushhx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Hello, what colour are you in regular loreal true match in order to compare? :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Oh I have no clue darling, I never tried that one before ;) Sorrz! x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen