Mac Haute & Naughty Lash: review

10:00

Hey y'all!

I bought a brown tinted mascara at Mac a while ago, along with some eyeshadows - haul here - and I was so excited for it! I I've been using it for a month now so here is what I think about it.

I didn't try out any Mac mascaras for a long time, because I heard one or two friends of mine say they weren't that good, really. I never heard anyone rave about them either, so I never payed any attention to them in the store.

I was, however, looking for a brown mascara, for some reason. It was so hard to find, especially in Belgium. I was so excited that I finally discovered a brown mascara and immediately bought it.

I like it for being brown. But other than that, the Haute & Naughty Lash is nothing special. I find it hard to get the brush out of the bottle, I don't know how to describe this really, but you have to pull kind of hard to get it out. This makes it impossible to get the right amount of product out of the bottle and onto the brush. I usually pull the brush out really gently and push it to the side of the bottle a bit while doing that, so there is not too much product on the bristles. With this one, I can't seem to do that. It's not easy to put the right amount of product on your lashes, this way.

The brush itself is a regular bristle applicator, which I think is fine. I don't really like plastic ones. But it doesn't really do that much to my lashes. You can see on the pictures below how it looks on my lashes.

without mascara                            /     with Mac Haute & Naughty Lash

with eyelash curler      /     without eyelash curler


The staying power is okay though. I don't see any fading or clumping together, nor does there occur much fall out under my eyes through the day.

Lastly, the smell. I wish all cosmetic brands would pay attention to that. It's not horrible, but it's not good either. It smells a bit painty to me and I really don't like that.


Overall, it's not the worst mascara, but not the best either. I will keep using it because it was €23 (£19 / $22). And I do like the colour. It's softer than regular black mascara.
I will pick up a different brown mascara if I get the chance, because I think it's an essential for me, now I tried it. I wouldn't recommend this one though...


Let me know, have you ever tried the Mac Haute & Naughty Lash mascara? Or other Mac mascaras? What did you think of them?


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Charline Has a Blog

You Might Also Like

10 reacties

  1. You're right, it doesn't do a whole lot for your lashes which is a pity. Have you tried their zoom lash mascara? xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Nope, this is the only Mac mascara I've ever tried :) x

      Verwijderen
  2. This mascara looks amazing ! Love the design

    CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Oh no it doesn't look very impressive considering it's so expensive! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I know, such a shame.. There are way better mascaras at the drugstore for half the price! x

      Verwijderen
  4. Definitely a more natural mascara. You should totally get an eyelash curler if you want more of a lift!

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. It's not a masara for me though - I like my lashes big!
    I really like your blog! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin and blogspot? Please let me know!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I have never been fussed on MAC mascara, and its a shame as this is such lovely packaging!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I really don't like the packaging at all! I mean it!/ okay but it doesn't look like Mac. They always do such sophisticated packaging and this looks so Barbie-ish :D I'm nit a fan of it :p

      Verwijderen