The Balm Schwing eyeliner: review

10:00

Hey everyone!

In my last drugstore haul - which was over a month ago - I picked up the The Balm Schwing liquid liner. It's such a quirky little product and I really wanted to try it since Shaaanxo likes it so much.

I really want you to know about it because I very much enjoyed using it over the past month.


When I first used it, the applicator felt so weird. I think it's because the formula of the eyeliner is super liquid and I'm not really used to that, but it made the applicator feel like a rubber tip. However it's a felt tip. Which I love. It can create a super slick line and is bouncy enough to do a winged liner. Below are some swatches.


I really like it when I apply it and it stays on really well throughout the day. However, one little con:
if I do a winged liner and I touch it by accident, it smudges really quickly. The wing doesn't disappear, but like the top layer smudges off. I don't recall my l'Oréal Perfect Slim liner ever doing that. A bit of a shame, but I think it's best to use this one just to define the eyes. Or on a day where you don't have to be outside too much. My eyes water pretty quickly if it's a bit windy out or the sun's in my eyes, which makes it smudge really bad.

Other than that, it stays on so nicely when you don't touch it. And it's SOOO black, which is lovely.


It comes at around €14 here in Belgium, I believe. (I can't find it anywhere online but I think it was 14 euros when I bought it.) It's £12 on feelunique.com in the UK and $17 in the US on TheBalm.com.


Have you tried this one? What did you think about it?
And what's your favourite black liquid liner?


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Charline Has a Blog

You Might Also Like

5 reacties

  1. I love how black it is but couldn't buy it if it smudges because my eyes always water in the sun! I love the Pixi & Stila liquid liners! xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yeah it's such a shame it smudges out because I love the formula and applicator, if this was waterproof it would be my favourite! x

      Verwijderen
  2. I have the Soap and Glory Supercat liner and that's just like this - it smudges if you touch it the SLIGHTEST bit/it gets the SLIGHTEST bit wet and it stresses me out! Haha. So I wouldn't be picking this up. It's a shame as it sounds really good otherwise!
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Such a shame right? thanks for giving me the head's up, I've heard a lot of good things about the S&G Supercat liner... :)

      Verwijderen
  3. Hmm doesn't seem perfect. Liquid liner is tricky. It's more important for me that it is super black, if it smudges before it's set I can fix that :)

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen