1/2 Spending Ban: update

10:00

Remember guys?

I am on a spending ban for all make up things.
That means I'm trying to not buy any make up for 100 days, forcing me to blog about all the thing I already own and be creative with it, whilst saving up some money before I run out of it.

50 days have passed and I wanted to give you a little update on how I'm doing.


So I have been shopping with my mom a little bit, which made it tempting not to buy anything. I managed to not spend any money on make up at all, BUT...

My mom was feeling generous and said I could pick some things out and she would pay for it. I'm so grateful for that, so I kind of cheated by picking out a few make up items.

First of all I picked up the Maxfactor Cream Puff Blush in Alluring Rose. I was lusting after this one so much! I'm going to do a full review on this soon so stay tuned!

I also went to the Benefit counter so I will do a mini Benefit Haul as well. I bought a Chanel cream eyeshadow too and two Clinique chubby stick lipsticks. Okay I might have gone overboard but I took advantage of my mom feeling generous! :D

SO technically I'm still going strong with the spending ban - since I've not spent any of my own money on make up stuff. I can't believe how hard it is, really. I didn't know I became THIS obsessed with buying make up...


We're halfway now so I really have to be strong. But as all my deadlines are getting pretty close, I don't think I would have the time to go into town and lust after all the make up in the shops, so that's a good thing ;-)


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo



PS: I changed my comment section to Disqus, so I kind of lost all my previous comments on my blog posts (it can't import previous Blogger comments, apparently) so yeah, haha, that's that.
Charline Has a Blog

You Might Also Like

18 reacties

  1. Hehe I had no idea not buying could be so hard ahhh but bank account feeling the strain


    CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. It's a shame you lost all your previous comments but hopefully you'll like Disqus - I think it's great! Well done on getting half way through your (super long!) spending ban - I know you'll manage the next fifty days no trouble!
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Such a shame right? I mean I can still read my comments on Blogger but they won't show up anymore :) so yeah, kind of sucks. :p

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I literally just changed to Disqus and am having the exact same problem! But in the long term it'll be better as it's easier for people to know when you've replied to a comment (and we both reply to most/all of our comments) x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner! ;)
    &thanks! hopefully I do :) x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. it's true! I wish everyone would stick to the same platform ;) it's way easier! And oh I see it now, hehe. What a coincidence ;) x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Nah, that'd be far too simple!
    Great minds think alike, right? ;) x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Well since technically your mom bought them for you it really doesn't count as you cheating in my opinion :D. Hopefully these beauty treats will keep you going until the end of the ban x

    Beauty with charm

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Well done on making it half way! You have great self-control! Your Mom treating is just that - a treat, nothing to do with the ban! Looking forward to seeing your Benefit mini-haul! xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. So sweet of her, right? The Benefit haul is scheduled for the end of the month (I've got so many posts scheduled already!)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. well done !! :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Hope so! It's so hard to resist :( especially with all these fellow bloggers posting favourites and reviews :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Your Mum bought them so that's fine (;
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. That was so sweet of your mom! You're right, it doesn't count hehe. And it also is much harder than it seems to be on a spending ban. I've never tried one but I've tried to "cut down" on my spending and even that was challenging. :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. It has been so hard :( I want to buy so many things!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. Well done on not spending any of your own money, it is hard though. Good on your mum though :)

    Pams Stuff and Things

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen