Blog photography set-up

10:00

Hey everyone!

So, I've been trying to figure the whole photography thing out to keep improving the photos on my blog, with the little equipment I have.

Sometimes I am really proud about my photography though, and some of you even told me it looked great! You can't imagine how that makes me feel, I'm so happy I'm improving my skills!

That's why I wanted to show you the really simple photography set-up in my room.


Contradictory as it can be, these photos are not the best, because I shot them with my iPod Touch, as the fancy camera is in the shot!


As you might have seen in my Room Tour post, I have got this spot on my shelve where I put some books and stuff, but I take all of that away to take my blog photos. It's the only place close to a window with a white surface. The natural light can be great for photos because, well, it' looks natural, but sometimes I really struggle with it. Here in Belgium, the weather can be really tricky. One minute the sun is shining, the next it's grey and raining outside. I try to cancel some shadows out with a white carton that has a bit of a reflective surface. I used it to lasercut some things out to make a scale model, but I can use the rest of it for my photos!


I wish I had one of those fancy lights to use for my blog photos, but hey, I think I'm already getting a long way without them.


I've been trying to get to know my camera better. I always use the viewfinder to see if my photos are framed okay and if the lighting is alright. That way I can see in advance if the photo is going to turn out too light or too dark and adjust the settings when needed. I use the Canon Eos 600D with a EF 28mm lens.


Always make sure to have some scotch tape nearby so rounded products don't roll away!


And like I told you: nothing fancy! Not even a tripod. Maybe I should consider it though... But this is how I take my photos at the moment!


Hope that was a fun little insight to my photography set-up (I mean you can hardly call it a set-up). I encourage you to share yours! Help starting bloggers get an insight in how to achieve high quality photos!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Charline Has a Blog

You Might Also Like

15 reacties

  1. Great tips! I struggle with Swedish cloudy days too :p The white board is brilliant!
    xo, Jessie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks! Yeah it's such a struggle. I actually redecorated my room after writing this post, my desk is now close to the room and the surface where I can take pictures is bigger now. I when I get on with that I will do another one of these posts :) but all the pictures on my blog up until this point are taken in the set-up that you see in this post ;) x

      Verwijderen
  2. These are great tips - Wish I had better light in my room

    CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. It's such a pain in the ass, but maybe you can try to take pictures somewhere else in the house? I'm sure you can find a good place with okay natural light ;)

      Verwijderen
  3. Great post! so perfect
    unknownkc.blogspot.hk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Always waiting on better light. It was a struggle during the winter here in Canada! Great post Charline.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I know, the natural light can be a real sucker, but I really try to play with the settings on my camera and edit afterwards to get a better white balance. :)

      Verwijderen
  5. ah zo'n wit meubel met perfect licht.. ik ben jaloers. in mijn kamer is alles donker =( en de meubels ook ><;

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Ja gelukkig heb ik die nog! Zou niet weten wat ik anders kon gebruiken :)

      Verwijderen
  6. Reacties
    1. I know it's such a struggle, #bloggersFWP right :p

      Verwijderen
  7. Great post Charline :) I love reading about how fellow bloggers take their photos. You seem to have a great set up that works with you and doesn't require a bunch of fancy gadgets xx

    Brenda BusyBee

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I do try to make it work with everything that I've got :) x

      Verwijderen