Cara Delevingne inspired make up look

10:00

Hello everybody!

I've been wanting to do this one for a very long time now. I've finally found the time and the courage to do my take on it.


 This is the look I will try to recreate. She has a warm brown smokey eye look, black liner and very basic lashes and lips. Of course there is a dark, strong brow involved! Her skin looks fresh and glowy so that's what I will attempt too.
For foundation I used my Clinique Even Better make up SPF 15 in the shade 03 Ivory. This shade matches me the best. I applied it with a damp make up sponge. It's still not my favourite method, but I wanted it to blend into the skin nicely and have a dewy finish, so I figured this was the best application method to do that.

My skin is pretty bad at the moment and I have had a lot of breakouts lately, especially on my chin area. I built up the Maybelline Fit Me concealer in the shade 10 to cover up everything. (The badest spots needed the high coverage from my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer which is not in the picture.)

To brighten up my under eye area I used the YSL Touche Eclat in the shade 2 and applied it in a V-shape, so it would highlight my cheeks a little bit as well. I put a bit on my forehead too, down my nose and on my brow bone. These last two have been a routine for the last couple of months, I tend to do it anyways, even on low-effort make up days.

I don't powder because I want it to look dewy. I continue with a bit of Benefit Hoola bronzer, just to warm up my complexion a bit. In this picture, Cara looks a bit tanned and I wanted to give that impression as well. I then put Benefit Sugarbomb blush onto my cheeks. It gives that peachy looking flush and it it a bit shimmery too, just what I want with this look!

For highlighter I'm going strong today, I apply Benefit Watt's Up on my cheeks quite a lot. I just dab it on and then blend it out with my fingers. I also apply it on my nose, on my brow bone and on my cupids bow. I've recently bought this one and I'm already in love with it!

Okay so I can finally move on to the eyes now.

For my eyebrows I use my very old Mac Colour Forms: 5 Warm Eyes palette and I use the shade Fertile which is the very dark brown colour in the palette. (It's the green palette in the left upper corner on the picture.) It has a satin finish, but the little shimmer in it hardly shows up on my brows. This colour is a bit darker than I normally go for, but for a Cara Delevingne inspired make up look, this is the perfect one!

I set my brows with the Benefit Gimme Brow in the shade Medium/Deep. It's slightly too dark for my actual brows but perfect for this make up look to create a strong brow.

As a base on my eyelids I use the Maybelline Color Tattoo Leather Effect in Chocolate Suede so we already have that darker brown layer involved. It's easier to create that actual smokey look and it works great as a primer for your eyeshadow. You can see it from up close in my recent Cocoa Crazy post.

We move on with a combination of the Mac Colour Forms: 5 Warm Eyes palette and the Mac Veluxe Pearlfusion Shadow: Brownluxe palette. I Start with the lightest colour in the Brownluxe palette, which is a nude shade with a bit of sparkle in it. I apply it on my brow and on the inner corners of my eyes. Next I take the second shade of that same palette, which is a matte dark beige colour and I put it in the crease as a kind of transition shade and to even out the edged of the Color Tattoo. I then go to the Warm Eyes palette and take the red shade which is called Rustic. I put it all over the beige shade in the crease, and I go back and forth between those two shades to mix them up a bit. I don't want it to look too red-toned, but I use this shade to warm it all up a bit.

I don't want it to look too dark, because we're going to do a pretty intense eyeliner in a moment, I want to brighten the look up a bit and I go back to my Benefit Watt's Up highlighter. I take an eyeshadow brush and put a bit of the cream highlighter in the inner corners of my eyes and the inner third of my eyelid, just to brighten everything up.

I then smudge a bit of the darkest shade in the Mac Brownluxe palette - which is a deep dark shimmery colour that you can also find in my recent Cocoa Crazy post - on the upper and the lower lash line, to give it that smokey look. I also put some of the Estée Lauder Pure Color Intense Kajal eyeliner in Blackened Cocoa - which can also be seen in the Cocoa Crazy post - there to line my waterline.

To finish off the complete look I take my The Balm Schwing black eyeliner and line my eyes. I did go a little overboard with it to "imitate" the look of Cara, but you know the struggle of matching your eyeliner on two sides. It dries up matte and I think that's stunning! I use my Maybelline The Collosal Volum'Express Cat Eyes mascara and just apply one coat on my upper lashes. She doesn't really have extra dramatic lashes on this picture.

For the lips I kept it quite simple. I forgot to include it on the pic as well but I just put on a clear lip balm and applied the Benefit Dandelion plushy lipgloss on top of it. This is my favourite go-to lipgloss anyways and it doesn't take the attention away of the dramatic eyes. 




The smokey eye does not show up too well on camera, which is a shame. Just imagine the eyeshadow being a tad darker than you can see. If any of you have tips on photographing a make up look where the make up actually shows but, but the picture is still bright enough, please do let me know in the comments, I would appreciate your help!


Let me know what you think of it and if you would like to see me do a specific "inspired by"-post in the future!


Lots lof love,
Charline
xoxo




Charline Has a Blog

You Might Also Like

0 reacties