How much is my face worth?

10:00

Hey y'all!

A while ago I saw this amazing idea pop up on a few blogs, so it really made me want to do it too!
I was so shocked at the end, so let's go through all the products I use in my daily make up routine and calculate how much my face is worth.



First I apply the Clinique Super Primer to prime my face. This costed me €24,75 at Ici Paris XL.

The foundation I'm currently using is the l'Oréal Infallible 24H Matte foundation. This was €16,99 at my local drugstore.

For under eye concealer I use the YSL Touche Eclat. This one is €34,20 at Ici Paris XL.

As a setting powder I use Rimmel Stay Matte powder. However it's not really needed with this foundation, I do like to set it on my T-zone just to prevent it from getting oily during the day. This one is €9,99 at my local drugstore.


For blemishes and redness on my face, I currently use two different concealers. I have loved the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer a lot, it covers up so well but I figured it could be quite drying in some places. That's why I mix it with the creamier Maybelline Fit Me! concealer. I also use this one on places where I don't need as much coverage.
The Collection one is £4,19 at Boots (which is €5,68). The Maybelline concealer was €9,49 at my local drugstore.

That's all the base products done. If we add them up, we are at €101,10 which is £74.56 or $111.38 for base products only! Jesus Christ, that's a lot already!
Now moving on to the rest of the products I put on my face.

For a little bit of contour I use the Benefit Hoola bronzer, which is €33 at Galeria Inno.
The blush I'm currently using the Benefit Dandelion blush, again €33 at Galeria Inno.


Onto the eyes! For my brows I'm using - as always - Mac Charcoal Brown eyeshadow, which is €13,50 for a refill. I set my brows in place with Maybelline Browdrama transparent gel. This is €8,99 at my local drugstore.

For eyeshadow I'm using two Mac shadows again: Expensive Pink and Woodwinked.
2 * €13,50 = €27.

For eyeliner I'm using The Balm Schwing and I can't find any accurate price on this on the internet and I haven't been in the drugstore for a while (since I'm on a make up spending ban!) so I can't tell you exactly how much it was, but if I remember correctly, it was €14.

To finish off the look I'm using my well loved Maybelline The Falsies mascara. This one is €15,49 at my local drugstore.


That makes €144,98 for this part of my make up. That's £106,93 or $159.72... wow!


The grand total of my everyday make up is...
€246,08 !!!
That's £181,43 for you UK people and $269,69 for the Americans. All products for me are European prices. SO if I could've bought some products in America, for instance, some of them would be cheaper. Now you see how expensive even some drugstore products can be where I live!


I'm so amazed by this, how much I actually put on my face and how much these products cost... I do get a good use out of most of them and they last me for ages... So if you take that in account, I think it's quite alright...


I might do a Drugstore-only version and a High-End-only version of this in the future... Let me know if you found this post fun to read!

If you have done this post in the past, feel free to share it down in the comments... I like to read this kind of blogposts and I'm very curious how much you spend on your face!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Charline Has a Blog

You Might Also Like

12 reacties

  1. Buying face products can be really expensive - I like sticking to cheap brands my budget doesn't allow for big purchases especially when everything is so darn expensive in SA

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I usually invest a bit more for my face, as those are the ones that can cause my acné ... I'd save a bit on the eyes if I had to... I really like to switch it up from time to time ;)
      x

      Verwijderen
  2. I must do this some day although I think I'd feel pretty guilty totting it all up! xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. It's definitely scary to do at first but I was just so curious! Let me know when you decide to do it! x

      Verwijderen
  3. I can't believe how expensive drugstore products are where you live! I've always wanted to do this but I'm a little bit scared of the total... I only buy drugstore products but I always layer products, or mix foundations so it would add up I'm sure! Great post xx

    alicered.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yeah I know, some drugstore face products can be so expensive! I wish they were cheaper because that's what the drugstore should be about! I think it's because of import costs or something :) I don't know.
      Thank you! x

      Verwijderen
  4. I keep meaning to do this "tag" as well. It's also so surprising how much it actually adds up to. I'm frightened to discover my amount hehe. Drugstore products are pretty pricey here as well which is why I usually wait until I'm in the States to shop. :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I've never been to the States! I do know that when I ever go, I will pick up EVERYTHING :D x

      Verwijderen
  5. I want to do this post, because I'm so curious what my total would be!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. You're so brave doing this, I would cringe! And I don't actually think that is too much...I've seen much worse totals then this!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I've got some cheap products in there as well, right? Makes sense :)

      Verwijderen