Purple Rain

10:00

Hey y'all! How is everyone doing today?

So today we continue the saga of the eye make up colours. Last week was about deep brown cocoa shades, today we go on with purple colours.




1   /   2   /   3   /   4   /   5   /   6



Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette - Candied Violet
The one colour that jumps out between all the rather neutral shades is the purple one. It looks very glittery in the tin but I find it comes of rather shimmery, not too glittery. I don't use it a lot, I must say, but whenever I'm feeling brave, I might pop it on my lower lash line. 


MaxFactor Smoky Eye effect eyeshadow stick - Silver Storm
I mentioned this one before in the Silver Linings post, but today I'm talking about the purple end of the duo stick. It's a cream eyeshadow stick with lovely pigmentation and it is so easy to apply and so quick if you're running late.


YSL Couture Palette - Ballets Russes
The purple shade in the middle complements the colours in this palette so beautifully. It's rather bright in comparison to other colours in this post and it has a lovely satin finish. I can't stress enough how good the quality of these YSL eyeshadows are. They are probably my favourite ones out of all high end Parisian make up brands.



l'Oréal Color Riche mono - 301 Escape in Bordeaux
This one is more of a warmer toned purple, almost bordeaux (hence the name of the shade). I really like this one in combination with my Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pink Gold. It's a beautiful crease colour to match that shimmery pink cream eyeshadow. It looks like a disaster in the tin though. I bought it on half price, I think the whole batch fell of the truck or something and the 3D design they usually have was completely ruined. Must say I'm glad I could buy it on a reduced price because I find them quite expensive for a single drugstore eyeshadow.



Urban Decay Naked palette - Hustle
This is not so much a purple colour on it's own, but when you look at it in the box and see it next to the Toasted shade, it does look kind of purple-ish. It doesn't really come off that way, but when used in combination with Toasted, it gives a rosy-purple impression in the lid. A lot more neutral than the previous shades though, but that's what I like about this one! (No, I don't own the Naked 3 palette, this would've been handy to include in this post!)


Mac Kohl Power Eye Pencil - Raven (discontinued)
I can't find this one anywhere online and I have no clue if they are still available in the shops, but I do own this one for a very long time already. It's a lovely shade and I think it still belongs to the purple spectrum, so that's why I wanted to include it. This one is almost the same colour as the l'Oréal eyeshadow I mentioned earlier, but this one is lovely for lining the eyes. Such a pretty one. I included a similar Mac eyeliner above if you're interested.


Do you like wearing purple shades? Or do you tend to stick to more neutral ones?

Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Charline Has a Blog

You Might Also Like

1 reacties