Festival Make Up Look

10:00

Hey everyone!

So a while back I saw KathleenLights do a very interesting make up look with her Anastasia Artist palette. She did a deep aubergine purple eyeshadow on the top and a bright yellow on the lower lash line. I definitely thought this look was summer-festival-proof so I'd like to recreate it for you today.

I will be using most drugstore products and only a few high end ones so it's easy to recreate yourself! I'm also including some sneaky purchases I did over the last month.
The video of Kathleen doing this look will be at the end of this (very long!) post.

Hope you enjoy!

Two little disclaimers:
-I use a lot of products in this look so I actually had to split them over two pics. What? :-)

-The description will be shorter than I wanted it to be. I spent half an hour typing all the steps with proper reviews and how I applied them, until I typed ctrl-Z and everything in the draft disappeared. I don't know why but I just don't have the courage to type it all over again. If you have a question about how I applied a certain product or anything else, please do let me know in the comments and I'll let you know!

BASE:

-Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream in the shade 31 Ivory mixed in with The Body Shop Honey Bronze Face Gel

-Maybelline Fit Me concealer in the shade 10 on my spots and redness and shade 15 under my eyes (believe it or not but 15 is lighter, it's a mystery to everyone)

-l'Oréal Lumi Magique highlighting pen to highlight my under eye area and my brow bones. I hadn't used this in ages so I figured I would give it another chance.

-Rimmel Stay Matte power in Silky Beige to set my foundation and Bourjois Java Rice powder to set my under eye concealer. It's a brightening loose powder so it's perfect for that!


CHEEKS:

-The Body Shop Honey Bronze powder to warm up my face even more.

-Benefit Watt's Up highlighter to highlight my cheekbones just a tiny bit.

I'm not using a blush for this look as I didn't want to take away the attention from the eye make up.


EYES:

-Mac Charcoal Brown (as always) to fill in my brows and Brûlé to set the Lumi Magique I used on my brow bone earlier. Maybelline BROWdrama in transparent to set them in place.

-MaxFactor Smokey Eye Effect in Silver Storm, I use the purple end as a cream base for the eye make up. Kathleen uses a dusty rose shade but I just really don't own a shade like that.

-l'Oréal Color Riche Gel Infused mono eyeshadow in 301 Escape in Bordeaux all over the lid. It's a similar aubergine shade to the one in the Anastasia palette but a bit more shimmery. It really complements the Park Avenue mono eyeshadow in the shade Sunflower/Mustard Yellow (I don't know how it's called, the packaging says 09 Sunflower and the website says 25 Mustard Yellow). Anyways, I put that yellow shade from the tear duct all the way to wing it out on the outside. That way the winged eyeliner can sit right on top of that.

-Mac Eye Kohl in Raven (it's called Prunella now, I think, I can't find this one on the website anymore. It's old so it probably changed names) to sharpen up the edge on the wing and darken the purpleness.

-Mac Eye Kohl in Fascinating. It's a plain matte white pencil that's perfect for a subtle matte inner corner highlight and putting on the waterline for that extra bit of definition to the yellow colour.

-l'Oréal Super Liner Perfect Slim because it's my favourite one. I haven't been wearing eyeliner much lately so it had been a while since I used this one. Apparently I forgot how to do a good wing because I made it way too bold! To correct it a bit I went back in with the purple l'Oréal eyeshadow and blended the edges of the liner out a bit. I think it looked okay in the end, the liner fades out into the eyeshadow quite nicely. I'll know better next time!

-Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara because this is my new favourite one! It separates my lashes beautifully with just one coat (two coats can clump them together so be careful!) and it stays put all day.


LIPS:

-Bourjois Contour Edition lip liner in 02 Coton Candy (no that's not a typo, unless the name on the pencil itself is a typo, then that's a fail on their behalf). It's a pretty pink nude and that's all I can say about it really. I've just gotten into lip crayons and liners so I don't really get the hang of it yet ;-)

-Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in 01 Curviest Caramel. This has more of a rosy brown tint to it so I don't apply it too heavily after the pink lip liner.

-Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal 005 Nude and no this is no mistake! I used this one to tone it all down a bit and give it that nude pink colour. I think it works okay. I don't have a nude lip colour like that and I don't want to rush into buying it before I figure out how to properly do my lips. I also wanted to keep it matte, that's why I didn't use a lip gloss.


AND THAT, LADIES AND GENTS,  IS THE LOOK COMPLETED!





Kathleen's video:


As I'm writing this I'm still considering wether or not to wear it to Rock Werchter festival. If you want to know if I do, go check out my instagram @charlineofficial and you'll see if I built up the courage to go outside with this crazy look ;-) You can also go back and see my I-am-so-sick-please-comfort-me-faces from a while back when I took these pictures if you're into that, you weirdo!


Let me know: would you wear this look? Or is it way too crazy for you?  


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

4 reacties

  1. This really is a great festival make up look! I love the yellow eyeline, it makes such a nice difference :)

    xo

    http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. thanks! ja ik heb ook mijn inspiratie ergens anders gehaald hé haha ;) heb het wel niet zo gedaan gisteren. Had beter wel gedaan maar nee ik ging voor blauwe eyeliner en dat zweette gewoon van mijn ogen af waardoor ik zo blauwe vegen boven mijn ogen had hahaha :D verkeerde beslissing.

    merci voor het centje vandaag hé!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. That eye look is incredible! I definitely think you could wear it out of the house to a festival - be brave!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Super tof met dat geel! Zou ik zelf nooit zijn opgekomen maar ik vind het wel heel mooi ! :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen