How to de-stress

10:00

Deadlines are approaching! And it's so F'ing stressful.

I've seen a lot of people saying they are graduating already, while here in Belgium we're like "Nope, still got a few more weeks to go!"

This year is kind of different for me, since I decided to postpone my deadlines to August, but the school year is rounding up and I'm almost finished. I've almost finished everything that needs to be said in my thesis (probably, I'm writing this on an earlier date than the date you're reading this, because I know I'm in a lot of stress right now!) and I can start making a beautiful lay out for my paper.

Now, if you are one of the unlucky people that are still in the middle of their exams, finals, deadlines, etc. Here are some tips for you on how to de-stress during the day.


Take a break once in a while.
No one is designed to work 24 hours a day. If you feel like you're stuck, try taking a short break and go have a refreshing drink or a little snack. Put your mind on pause for about 15 minutes and take a fresh start afterwards. It will do you good.

Listen to some music.
I find it very relaxing to put some music on. If you're not studying but rather working on a project of some sort, just put on your favourite album and it will make you feel happier while you're working.

Plan plan plan & sleep well!
This is the one mistake I always make. I always procrastinate during the day, leaving me with a bunch of work in the evening which results in me going to bed very late and lose a lot of precious sleeping time. Don't make that same mistake please, sleep is so important to let everything sink in and get you going for the next day.

Light a candle.
Having a nice scent around my room calms me down so much and it covers up the smell of me being in my room all day. Double win!

Read a book.
Or a magazine, if reading isn't your thing. Just focus on something else for a bit.

Take a bath or relaxing shower.
Whenever I feel frustrated or my mind is going to explode, I pop in the shower and I feel so refreshed after that (not only in the literal sense, but my mind actually feels lighter after taking a shower). Feeling clean gives you energy to go ahead with your work.

Make a little time for your hobby.
Whatever it is. Is it sport? Go out for a jog. Is it playing music? Just take 5 and play your favourite song. Is it blogging? Great! Write down some ideas, catch up on reading other blogs, schedule a post, take some pictures. Maybe baking is your thing? Make yourself a little treat for in the afternoon or late night hunger.


Those are my tips to de-stress in stressful times. What are yours? Share them down below!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

12 reacties

  1. Luckily all of my exams and everything have finished, but I love having calming baths to destress! x


    vvnightingale.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I find music is my number one stress reliever - what headphones are those in the picture they look gorgeous! Great post x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. they are Frends headphones, here is their website: http://eu.wearefrends.com/women/
    (they are pretty expensive though but mine are quite petite so that's what I like about them ;)
    x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Yeah lately I've not been sleeping too well, maybe it's because I'm on my laptop too late in the night haha ;) Reading a book always helps me to sleep better too ;) x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Planning ahead and sleeping is definitely the most important for me! Having that couple hours before bed to switch off is so important. I can't work up until my head hits the pillow like some people, and if I ever have to I sleep terribly!

    Kat | www.kathorrocks.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I finished my degree in May but I find general life pretty stressful! So this post was.great for me! Randomly, I find doing something boring like going food shopping destresses me as it gets me out of the house and being productive, but away from stressful work or studying! Good luck with your thesis and other deadlines!
    Rebecca |The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. yeah just getting out of the house really helps me to calm down too. Going to the city and walk around the stores ;)


    thank you lovely! x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Book & magazines for me are the ultimate relaxation!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. I get stressed and worked up really easily!! I find that music is my ultimate savior it calms me and relaxes me :) Great post love


    CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen