Make Up Look: The Benefit Face

10:00

Hey peeps!

So I made a little splurge at the Benefit counter recently and as you may have seen in my Benefit Haul, I've collected some new gems to fill my collection with.

I realised I could now do (almost) a full Benefit face with everything I've got and that is what I'm going to show you today!


I say almost, because I just want to point out that I rarely change up my foundation and concealer. I don't own those kind of base products from Benefit (I do own a concealer but I don't like that one so I don't use it anymore).

I used the POREfessional primer before I put on my everyday foundation and concealer. They just work best for me at the moment. Moving on to the rest of the make up, which IS all from Benefit.


Okay so with my base ready it's now time for brows. I quickly fill them in at the front with an eyeshadow and then used the Gimme Brow tinted brow gel in medium/deep. This one adds fibers - if you don't like that, I think there is another one that's quite new, I've never seen it before, it's called Speed Brow and is just a tinted setting gel - and fills up the sparse areas perfectly. I use it sparingly because as I mentioned in my haul, it's slightly too dark for me but I can work with it.

On my eyes I put the My Two Cents cream eyeshadow. It was more gold looking than I expected at first but I really like it! It's super creamy and needs it's time to set but it looks gorgeous. I just blended it out a bit with a fluffy crease brush.

I curl my eyelashes and then use the Roller Lash mascara. It's the sample that was in Elle Magazine and everyone and their mother owns by now or has at least heard about. It's not my favourite but I really wanted it to be an all-Benefit-look. I do curl my lashes before I put it on because it hasn't proven itself to me yet. Everyone raves about how you don't need a curler with this one, I'm not too shure about it but hey, it's not the worst mascara ever. It does look quite good when I curl my lashes first.

To warm up my complexion I use the Hoola Bronzer - of course, it's my all time favourite! - and I just contour with it a bit: underneath my cheekbones, on my temples and down my chin. With a bigger powder brush I put a little more on my cheeks and forehead and also down my neck a bit, to cancel out the little difference with my foundation face.

I add the Sugarbomb blush, also my absolute favourite, I've had it for years and years and this is probably my third or fourth box already since I started using it almost 6 years ago. It's a nice peachy looking colour and it has the tiniest bit of shimmer in it.

Then I use my new favourite highlighter (I really love it and I can't believe I bought it sooner) and it's the Watt's Up cream highlighter stick. I don't use the sponge on the other end to blend out, but I rather use my fingers to do that. I dab it on my cheekbones, down my nose, on my cupids bow and on my brow bones.

I finish off the look with the Coralista plushy lipgloss. It's such a nice everyday one and it feels sooo soft on my lips. You really have to try one if you haven't already.

And this is the finished look! It's simple and fresh looking and I think it could work for any occasion, really. I'm glad I bought some new things from them lately and they might become new favourites!






What do you think? Would you consider buying any of these? Or do you already own some of the products mentioned? Let me know in the comments!

Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Charline Has a Blog

You Might Also Like

14 reacties

  1. Looking good! De Sugarbomb blush heb ik ook al vaak willen kopen! (helaas nooit gedaan) :D

    love, Turn it inside out

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. This look really suits you! I don't own many Benefitr products, but love Hoola! I really like the gloss in this look! xx

    Beautylymin

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Is thans echt een mooike, volgens mij is da mijn aller eerste blush ooit geweest, ik heb die al 2x opnieuw gekocht omdat die opwas ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Thanks! Their glosses are really beautiful on their own. I find that they don't seem to work that well in combination with a lipstick, but they are so great when wearing alone!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I don't own any Benefit products, which is so crazy! The thing highest on my list is a Benefit blush :)

    I love how your makeup turned out!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Thanks! Yes I would definitely recommend trying out the blushes, they are amazing! The face base products like concealers and stuff are a bit of a hit and miss for me sometimes, but the blushes and the Hoola bronzer are definitely worth it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. You're eye makeup is so pretty! I think I might look into the eyeshadows x

    em // em&han xo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. They are really pretty! I tried to use it as a "base" product yesterday and put Urban Decay shadows on top, they work really well together and stay put for a long time! x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Aw thanks! Thanks for following too! xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. I'm currently loving Benefit products too and love all the products you've mentioned, especially the hooler bronzer and gimme brow! The gold shadow looks really pretty on you :)

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. I definitely see some of my favorites here including the Benefit Porefessional and Gimme Brow. Love those products. Actually I need to replace my Gimme Brow really soon. :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Hello Charline, you look gorgeous love that gold eye shadow really looks pretty on you. I have been absolutely loving benefits roller lash mascara :)

    Beautydetour

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Thank you, it's such a great one. It's a good base for other gold shadows as well ;) x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. It's a great one! I think I might pick up the lighter shade though, I really have to be careful with this one when I use it, or it's just too dark... :S

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen