#NoteToSelf: guest post

10:00

Hey everyone!

So today I invited the lovely Alice Red on my blog. I'm really happy she wanted to do this because I love her blog so much. 

She was inspired by the last few bloggers chats on Twitter and said in her message to me: "The last one we had was about the over saturation of beauty bloggers, and a previous one was about how views and stats can affect motivation. I think even those who blog or have a Youtube channel as a hobby can feel demotivated by stats sometimes."

I think she chose well and this is such a great discussion to have in this community. Have a read!

Alice's own edit


#NoteToSelf: It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
It's ironic that this was the first quote to spring to mind when Charline asked me to write a guest blog post, because my teachers used to say this all the time at university and it would annoy the absolute crap out of me.

I don’t know how long I expected it to be before things took off for my blog and Youtube channel, but I certainly didn’t think it would be as slow as it has been. I think this is a big realisation for bloggers when they get to that six-month point, after spending every day working on it and still not having as many followers as they thought they would have. I’m not saying followers/subscribers/views are the be-all-and-end-all of blogging and vlogging, because they’re not. But everyone hits that point where they feel like they’re working very hard and not getting anything in return, or where they see another blog that’s been going for the same amount of time as theirs but has twice as many followers and they think “What are they doing that I’m not? Where am I going wrong?”

I wanted to write this post to remind myself and anyone else who is currently struggling with this, that the people who are doing really well in this community have been going for years. The great thing about starting a blog or Youtube channel is that anyone can do it, no matter their age, qualifications, or technical skills – and because of that, a lot of people give it a go. This just means it might take your audience a bit longer to find you. In this industry there is no right or wrong way to do things, no set path to go down, and everyone’s success story is going to be different. Recently I have been trying to focus on enjoying going down the path instead of putting all my attention to getting to the end of the road.


So no matter how slowly your blog is progressing, try to comfort yourself in the fact that it’s progressing at all. Even if you’ve had no new followers for months and your last three posts didn’t get comments – it doesn’t matter, because you’re still making posts, you’re still moving forward. If it was easy, we’d all have five million followers, right? In the meantime, try to appreciate the audience you do have no matter how small, and make your blog and channel the best that it can be.



If you want to know how to contribute and leave your links in a guest post too,

Leave your thoughts on this quote down below in the comments.


Love you all,
Charline
xoxo

You Might Also Like

6 reacties

  1. This is a great Note to Self post! It's so true that it NOT all about followers and numbers but it's so easy to get bogged down in stuff like that. So true, just got to keep going!
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. So happy we decided to work together - I love your blog, too! Hope we do a few more collabs x

    Alice Red

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Great Note To Self, I've had a few of those thoughts and then had to step back and realize the successful part is my motivation to keep going! Totally agree with you :)


    raierinrose.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I think it's okay to want to have more people reading your blog, but you still need to have fun doing it ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Alice totally got it right there ;) I agreed with her too. I think everyone does ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen