Battle of the Felt Tip Liners

10:00

Hey everyone!

I have been using different eyeliners over the years and there are three felt tip eyeliners I want to talk about today, because they show some great similarities but also great differences.


The first one I ever tried out is the Maybelline Master Precise liquid liner. I was never really into black eyeliner until I tried this one. It looked like it was easy to use and I was intrigued by the concept of the felt tip. I always thought a liquid liner with a brush would be too hard for me to do right and I never got to try it.

I got on really well with this one at first. It has a really fine tip and is great for applying quite precisely. However I could never get the wing right. I figured it was because I just wasn't used to doing it yet. The tip is quite long and bendy and that's the reason I couldn't really do it right. Also the formula dries up rather quickly, so if I go back in to enhance it a bit, the product smudged away and it's hard to put it back on. That'w why I figured I would try a new one as this one was drying up a bit anyway.


The next one I tried is the l'Oréal Super Liner Perfect Slim eyeliner. This one has been my favourite for a long time and I didn't use anything else. The tip is significantly shorter, which makes it less bendy and sturdier for applying a wing. This one does it so much better in my opinion and I like the formula better as well. It doesn't dry as quickly so you have time to correct and go back in. It's also a lot blacker than the Maybelline one. Because of the packaging (with the little grip thing right where you grab it) it lies better in your hands so it feels a lot more comfortable and easy to use. The staying power of this one is also better than the Maybelline one. It really does stay on all day!

Recently I picked up the Kiko Ultimate Pen Long Wear eyeliner. It looked so similar to the l'Oréal one and I was ordering some stuff anyways so I figured why not just try it out. The tip is a little bit wider at the base and just a tiny bit shorter. It's just as easy to use and the staying power is just as good. It feels a little bit 'stiffer' when you apply it, because the tip is shorter it feels even less bendy. The l'Oréal one is a bit softer to the touch and that feels a bit better on my eyes. But overall this product is pretty much the same. Even the packaging is exactly the same with the little grip-thing. I really like this eyeliner a lot.

Now in the UK the price difference is not that big. The Maybelline one is £5.99 at Boots, the l'Oréal one is £6.99 at Boots and the Kiko one is £6.90 on the Kiko website. Those are some pretty affordable prices, I think.

But for me, in Belgium, there's a big difference. Maybelline and l'Oréal are a lot more expensive here and that really sucks. The Maybelline liner is €9,99 and the l'Oréal liner is €13,99! The Kiko liner was €6,90 on their website so that's half of the price of the l'Oréal one. I'm clearly converted to this liner as it is just as good as the l'Oréal one but a lot cheaper. Too bad the Kiko liner doesn't come in different colours. I'm hooked on the green Super Liner Perfect Slim though...

Maybelline Master Precise - l'Oréal Super Liner Perfect Slim - Kiko Ultimate Pen Long Wear


Have you tried any of these, or similar felt tip liners? Let me know which one you prefer down in the comments!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

17 reacties

  1. Thanks for the post! I've never used felt tip liners, but I think I would go for the L'Oreal one :)

    Hannah | Rated In Beauty

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. oh well it's just what you prefer or get on with, I guess ;) I find them quite easy to use ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. it is really good; and so cheap in comparison! x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I've only used L'oreal Infallible eyeliner, and it's not that great (for me at least), so I haven't bothered with getting anymore. It always seems to smudge on me, and turns my cat wing into more of a smokey eye!

    Angelina Is

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I'm a massive fan of the felt tip liners, I've only tried the L'Oreal one of these three, the Kiko one looks really good

    Emma emhasrednails

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. haha well I fail a lot of times as well, don't worry ;) I guess it's all about practice!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. I've been loving the Bourjouis felt liner recently, but I've never been able to get the flick to go right with any eyeliner, guess I just need more practice! XOXO

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. I use the Soap and Glory Supercat liner but it always smudges so I don't wear eyeliner as much as I used to. You've got my interest going in the Kiko one though! I really like comparison posts like this, this was a great read :)
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Oh, well, I guess it's just a matter of preference ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. This is the only one I have tried, the superstar liner seems great too but they don't have it where I live ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. I absolutely hate felt tip liners! I can never get the flick to go right. I always use a really fine brush :) x

    Charlotte - Charlotte Sophia Roberts

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. I have been wanting to try Kiko Cosmetics products for a while now and as a matter of fact I need a new felt tip liner. I am going to make an order!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. A few years back i tried Collection's 24 hour felt tip liner and i didn't like it. I might have to pick up the l'oreal one - it seems a better deal xx

    http://www.perks0fbeingnazia.blogspot.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen