Bourjois Cream Blush: review

10:00

Hey everyone!

I've been trying out this beauty for a few weeks now and wanted to show you what the product is like because I love it a lot!





Now first of all when I came across this product on some other blogs, it looks 4X as big as it actually is. This baby is tiny! No wonder I always looked over it at the drugstore. I've been wanting to try out cream blushes for a long time and I thought the Bourjois ones might be good to start with.

I really love the packaging as it is super compact and really easy to travel with. I also like products with a mirror in them, but I don't know if it's useful to put one in such a tiny package. I love that it's magnetic though: so satisfying!

Considering it's so small, it's rather expensive for a drugstore blush: £7.99 at Boots and Superdrug and €10,99 at Di and Ici Paris XL. This would really have to prove it's worth to me!

 I picked up the shade 04 Sweet Cherry. It's a nice toned down peach colour and I thought this one looked the most natural so I couldn't really go wrong with it. I swatched it for you so you could see how it looks. (the right swatch is the cream blush blended out.)



The back of the package says: "Cream to Powder Technology: Incredible blendable texture. Second skin feel." I feel this is true and it blends out beautifully on my cheeks. I usually apply it with my fingers and blend it out with my Real Techniques Stippling brush. I find that's easier to make sure you don't leave any harsh edges. The blush is really buildable because it's quite sheer when blended out, but that's fine. I'd rather go in a second or third time than applying too much in the first place.

On the photo I'm only wearing a CC cream and a bit of concealer with the cream blush directly on top of that on my cheeks.

I'm not too sure on the staying power. Blush always fades quite quickly and I never really apply it too heavy anyways, so when I come home in the afternoon and look in the mirror, I don't really see any product left on my face. Maybe it's because it just looks so natural that you don't see there's any product on? I have no clue.

I would love to try out more of the shades, but I don't think I'm so excited with this product I'd spend another €11 on such a tiny little thing. Maybe if it was at least twice as much product, I would. But overall I enjoy using this product and I will keep using it until something else comes along!


Let me know what cream blushes you've been loving! I'd love to try out some (drugstore) ones.


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

10 reacties

  1. haha yes I'm following your blush series, so much fun ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Ooh I must check that one out then! ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I haven't tried these ones, which is shocking for me as I have a blush problem but it looks lovely on you and very natural :)

    Pams Stuff and Things

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. This blush looks so pretty, I only own one cream blush from Mac which is also pretty good!

    A whole lot of serendipity

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Haha, wellllll daar dient de stippling brush dan weer voor ;) het valt wel mee hoor, ge moet dat ook niet in een streep over uw wangen wrijven hé ;) ik dep het eerder. Ik weet wel niet hoe die anderen dat doen zonder borstel en enkel met de vingers, daarvoor vind ik het ook wel wat te riskant!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Oh I've never paid attention to that one, maybe I should try that one next, thanks for the tip ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. haha well, thanks! It's a lovely little one for sure ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Ik heb nog nooit een cream blush gebruikt, voor mij moet alles gemakkelijk gaan en zoiets lijkt me echt onhandig :p volgens mij zou ik al snel 2 indianen strepen hebben staan haha

    love, Turn it inside out

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. I really like the Maybelline cream blush, I believe it's called dream matte mousse? It's quite a chunky little pot, so I do the same as you and use my finger followed by either the RT expert face brush or stippling brush. XOXO

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. I am not a fan of cream blushes as I had bad experiences in the past but I have to say your review is so good that maybe i'll give it a go on this product.

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen