Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow: review

10:00

Hey peeps!

Remember reading my Kiko Haul? Well, I have had plenty of time to try out all of the products I picked up and I must say I'm very pleased with the Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadows. Keep on reading!


I was so stoked to try these for the first time. I had heard a lot of good things about them and I really wanted to see if all of it was true. I must say they last me quite some time. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know I have the oiliest eyelids in the world so I'm not a good judge for rating the staying power of these, but I reckon they are quite good. It does crease on me, but the colour really stays on my eyes.

As for the formula: Oh. My. God. They are heavenly! It's so creamy and really easy to apply as they really glide onto your eyelid. The precision is quite alright as well; it's not too big to just do a line and smudge it out a bit and it's super easy to pop on your waterline as well.

Packagingwise it couldn't be any more compact or handy. It's the exact same shape as a lot of other cream shadow sticks, such as the Bobbi Brown ones. It's clear which shade it is, the colour on the end is almost exactly the same as what you get so it's a good representation, it's nice and matte (but maybe that means it will go filthy a lot easier in your make up bag, I still really like matte packaging) and the lid clicks shut so that's always a win!

A little bit for everyone

I decided to pick up 3 totally different colour to test out, because sometimes a different shade can mean the world of difference in terms of application or staying power. Luckily I didn't notice any difference. I picked up a very light neutral shade, a summery coral colour and a darker shimmery plum shade.

So the first one I picked up is the 28 Bright Ivory shade and I thought this would be a very good base for bright eyeshadows or just to use on its own for a very light make up look, to just even out my eyelids a bit. I must say I was surprised how shimmery this eyeshadow stick is; I don't know why but I thought it would have a matte finish. Anyhow, I am still pleased with this product; the colour really brightens up my eyes and it's a gorgeous creamy shade!

(l-r: stroke - blended)

Secondly I bought the shade 21 Passion Fruit and it's a lovely summery peachy shade. It's still quite a neutral shade, nothing too in your face, but it's a great metalic shade to add a pop of colour to a neutral look. It's a great all over the lid shade and it's gorgeous to wear on it's own.

(l-r: stroke - blended)

By Terry Ombre Black Star Misty Rock dupe?

The third one I picked up is called 05 Rosy Brown. Now I noticed when I first applied it that it looked very similar to the By Terry Ombre Black Star in the shade Misty Rock. I have seen tons of reviews and swatches on this one and I am 100% sure this is a great dupe for this one. If you see swatches of the By Terry one, compare to the Kiko Rosy Brown swatch below and you will see what I mean! Again, I thought it would be more of a matte shade but it's a gorgeous shimmery shade instead. Depending on how the light falls on it, it looks purple or red-ish brown, just like Misty Rock seems to do.

(l-r: stroke - blended)

Have you tried any Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadows? Which shades would you definitely recommend or are you planning to pick up yourself? Let me know in the comments!


I'll be back from Barcelona tomorrow so I'll finally be able to catch up with you guys! Hope you are having a wonderful summer!

Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

19 reacties

  1. Oh my god these look amazing! I really wish I could get Kiko in Australia...

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. That sucks right? Wen everyone raves about something and you are not able to get it where you live! I'm from Belgium and I have that all the time! ;( thanks for the comment! x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Rosy brown looks gorgeous and a very nice shade. I love your blog and if you fancy a read, then check onto my blog https://lifestylebites3.wordpress.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Oh well it's already great you have one to try out, then! If you're ever able you can pick up more ;) this is hands down the discovery of the year for me!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. They are really worth it, especially since hey are so affordable!
    Thanks Rebecca ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I love using them, I brought them with me on vacation because they literally take up NO space ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. The formula is brilliant! They stay put so well, you must try them out! A few colours are on sale atm, so if you huryr, you might be able to still get some at reduced prices!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. I agree that the formula on these is amazing. I only own one because I cannot get Kiko here but they are incredible!




    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. oh thanks! I didn't go into the Kiko Store in London because I already bought so much but I managed to find one in Barcelona this week so I did pick up another colour to add to the collection ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Thanks! ^^ yes they really are, I'm glad I joined the kiko-craze ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Yes I think your post is one of the blogs I saw this comparison on, I wasn't sure ;) I wore this one last week on holiday a lot, I love the colour so much and it stays on very well during the day! Why would I splurge on By Terry if Kiko make such affordable and good dupes ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. They are so good, I picked up another one just a few days ago ;) x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. I'm glad you love these as they're hands down one of my favourite beauty products! I can also 100% confirm Rosy Brown is identical to Misty Rock ;) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. I've heard such lovely things about these eyeshadows sticks, I really need to check them out :) Rosy Brown looks beautiful x

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. when im in Italy I always make sure to pick-up their products. this is such an awesome brand. thanks for the review :)

    Jessica
    | notjessfashion.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. Cool, sounds like a formula to keep on my radar! The swatches definitely look good.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. I have heard so much about Kiko lately, I want to get involved! Love the idea of eyeshadow sticks, they seem so much easier to use and they're handbag friendly!
    Great review!


    Kourtney
    xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. I like the idea of an eyeshadow stick - so easy to apply!

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  19. These eyeshadow sticks look so gorgeous! They're one thing I'm still missing a lot of in my collection - I've only got a couple - so I think it might be time for me to take the plunge and get a couple of these! Great review :)
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen