l'Oréal False Lash Superstar mascara: review

10:00

Hey gorgeous!

So a while back I picked up the l'Oréal False Lash Superstar mascara. It's the first time I try out a mascara primer so I was very intrigued by it. Find out how I got on with it!


As you might have noticed this mascara is double ended. One end is the mascara primer and the other one is the actual mascara. First of all I have a love-hate relationship with the packaging. I love the way it looks and it seems like a really ergonomic design but once I need to take out the brush, I always seem to struggle and have the wand in my wrong hand. Maybe it has something to do with me being left-handed but I always have problems switching hands and stuff. It might be just me, haha.

I love that it's a bristle wand and not a plastic one. In general I don't seem to get on with most plastic wands and I like bristle wands more. The black mascara wand reminds me of the Maybelline The Falsies, it has kind of the same curve.


Like most mascara primers this one is white. the brush is smaller in the middle than it is on the ends so the lashes lay on it perfectly. It feels really good and the bristles grab every lash. I still have to get used to the idea of having white lashes for a while before putting on the black mascara. It almost looks like a glue, but luckily it feels les tacky than that!

Next is the actual black mascara and it's okay, but not great. I've seen this one work better on other people, but I personally have to be careful with it or "adding volume" becomes "clumping together". I really had to learn how to work with it and not apply too much primer so my lashes would still be separated after applying a coat of black mascara.

 Bare lashes (left:not curled - right:curled)

Primer

One coat of mascara

Would I have paid 17 euros if I knew the effect would be this 'okay but not great'? Probably not. I know you get two products in one but for me, it doesn't add a lot of extra greatness.

This mascara is available at Superdrug for £11. 

Have you tried it? What did you think about it? Or are you considering buying it? 


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

17 reacties

  1. Great post! I haven't seen this one around but it sounds like something I would like to try. I typically don't have issues with L'Oreal Mascaras but you never know, right?

    xx
    Mikayla | thatluckieone.blogpsot.ca

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Yeah I keep trying it out but it's just not my favourite...
    Luckily I discovered two new favourite mascaras here on holiday! (Will be all over my blog very soon, I promise!)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. It's the first time I tried it but yeah, I'm more of a Maybelline-mascara kind of girl I think ;) x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I find L'Oreal a bit hit & miss with their mascaras, but I don't often get on with double ended ones!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I think the the eyelash curler is what has made most difference here! For me it would be one of those products I'd keep using just to get rid of I think - or I'd give it away to a friend maybe. Thanks for the thorough & honest review!
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Oh I find Maybelline mascaras are the best ones out there, maybe The Falsies might work for you! Also: eyelash curlers. My savior!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. You think? I really think there are better ones for me ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Yeah I mean it's alright but there are a lot of better mascaras out there for less money ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. I have never tried that one but heard a lot about it. Maybe I should give that one a go! thank you ;) x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Aw, too bad it doesn't really live up to the expectations.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Hmmm I'm super intrigued about this product. I have never tried a eyelash primer before. Shame it doesn't give the wow effect that you're after. Thanks for the great review! :)

    ♥NY

    Yours Truly, NY

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Oh wow it actually makes a huge difference

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Oh wow this looks amazing on your eyelashes. Sadly, it's so hard for me to find something that really works well on my poor thin lashes. lol Asian lashes kinda suck sometimes. :(

    A whole lot of serendipity

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. Great post, it's a shame you spent the money and it didn't work for you :( I find the best eyelash primer and mascara I've used is the Urban Decay one!

    meganemilybeauty.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen