Make Up Tools Collection

10:00

Hey lovelies!

I wanted to give you a bit of an insight to what tools I use to do my make up. I like to believe that I don't own a HUGE amount of brushes in comparison to some other bloggers. Believe it or not but almost every brush I'm about to show you, I use every time I apply make up. So far they all do a really great job. Here's the whole collection laid out for you!




FACE BRUSHES:


Zoeva 106 Powder brush
This is a very big powder brush that powders your whole face with just a few swipes! It's super soft as well and picks up just the right amount of product. It's great for all over bronzing as well.

Sephora 45 Mineral Powder brush
As the name suggests it's actually for mineral powders, but I use it to apply my foundation. It's quite dense but not too much so it gives me the right coverage and blends everything in really nicely. I had this brush for a good few years before I knew how to properly clean it so I had to buy me a new one last summer. I love it so much and I couldn't do my make up without it.

Zoeva 102 Silk Finish brush
This is one I rarely use. Sometimes I use it to blend edges out even more, or when I need a clean brush for something. I mostly keep this one as a back up for my Sephora foundation/mineral powder brush because they are very similar. This one is just a bit more dense. It feels super soft though.

 Real Techniques Stippling brush
I only just picked this one up yesterday and it's already dirty! I tested it out immediately to apply cream blush - also new! You'll see both in the next couple of days when I do another haul. First impression is that it's not that soft, which is a shame, but it does the job really well. I don't know if I would use it for anything other than applying cream blush, though.

Sephora 49 PRO Angled Blush brush
Oh how I love this one! Again, it's so soft and it's quite dense so you only need to dab it into your blush real quick and it picks up a good amount of blush. If only I could rub this one on my face for the entire day. (Sorry if that sounded weird haha). You know, it's just one of those brushes that you have to invest in but once you have them, you never want another one! There is a similar one with a round tip, not an angled one, I believe it's a foundation brush but because the hairs are quite long, I think it would be nice for contouring. I might pick it up when I go to Barcelona!

Zoeva 127 Luxe Cheer Cheek brush
This is another really soft blush brush but very different to the Sephora one. It's much less dense and picks up less product but it's great for building up more pigmented blushes. The Sephora one can pick up a bit too much when the colour pay off is strong. This one doesn't. I use it mostly for bronzer & contouring with my Hoola Bronzer. So far it does a good job but I think there is a better brush for this job out there. I'm giving this one a hard time with the contouring and it's starting to show up. The hairs are starting to crook and fall out. I don't want them to, but they are just overworked from the heavy bronzing job ;-)

Zoeva 110 Face Shape brush
This one is meant for contouring, I guess, and maybe this can work for people with a small face, but I'm not one of those people. I need a bigger brush for that. Unless I want a really defined harsh line, but I'm not into that. Instead I use this one to blend out concealer, as you might have seen in my Summer Make Up tutorial.

142 Concealer Buffer brush
The one with the name that actually can be used for what it's named after. It's a great one for buffing in my concealer flawlessly. End of story.

Real Techniques Setting brush
I use this one to set my under eye concealer with a powder. I've never tried to use it to actually buff in my concealer, because the sheerness of the brush makes me think it will take ages. I see some people use it to do that, but ain't nobody got time for that. Setting powder will do. It's the perfect size to fit right under my eye.


EYESHADOW BRUSHES:


Real Techniques Setting brush
"Oops she made a mistake and put it in twice" nope. I just keep one with my face brushes to set powder and one with my eyebrushes to apply powder highlighter. I like to use it with my Mary-Lou Manizer, for instance. Because highlighters can be glittery and setting powders aren't, I just keep one with my eyeshadow brushes to keep them from each other so I don't mix them up and use my glittery brush to set my under eye concealer, you don't want to look like a sparkly unicorn everyday!

Sephora 73 Crease Shadow brush
I have had this one for a year now and I love using it for crease eyeshadows. I keep this one for powder eyeshadows only. The hairs end in a tip which makes it feel like it fits perfectly into the crease. I use it to blend out the edges in my crease or to apply a darker eyeshadow into the crease and blend it out with the same brush. Yes, I am that person who does that, but I think this brush never picks up too much product when you're a bit careful with it so you can easily build it up without looking like a 6 year old who tried doing her make up for the first time.

Zoeva 227 Luxe Soft Definer brush
Another gorgeous soft crease shadow brush. This one feels amazing, but I don't think it has the precision of the Sephora crease brush. That's why I keep this one mostly for blending out edges, especially with cream eyeshadows, just to soften things up.

Zoeva 231 Luxe Petite Crease brush
I never really use this one for blending shadow into the crease, but rather use it for inner corner highlighting. It's just small enough to apply it with precision without getting it all over your nose or under eye area. It's a gorgeous one and a real must-have!

Mac 213 Eyeshadow brush
The iconic eyeshadow brush. Another must-have for every eyeshadow lover. If they weren't so expensive I would buy myself another 3. But hey, one will do for now. It's the perfect size for my eyelids, it picks up the perfect amount of product, it is just soft enough on my lids and it's just so easy to use. It's sometimes a bit of hit and miss for me with Mac brushes, but this one is my favourite out of all my eyeshadow brushes. If I had to give away all of them except one, this is the one I would definitely keep.

Hema 201 Classic Eyeshadow brush x2
A great dupe for the Mac 213 eyeshadow brush. The hairs are a tiny bit longer which makes the brush a bit less dense and causes a little bit less precision. But overall these eyeshadow brushes are the same. I use these ones for funkier or more glittery colours, because I don't use those very often. That way I can keep my good Mac brush free for the neutral eyeshadows, without having to clean them all the time (I suck at cleaning my brushes).

Hema 203 Shading Eyeshadow brush
I have had this one for a little bit now but only just lost it somewhere and I don't know why. It might be in a wash bag somewhere. I picked up a new one yesterday, along with the RT Stippling Brush I mentioned before and this one will also be included in my next haul! It's great for applying eyeshadow or smudging out kohl liner on your lower lashline with more precision than a regular eyeshadow brush.

Real Techniques Shading brush
I bought this one just to do my brow bone highlight. I never felt like I had a good brush to do that. I also don't want it to have sparkles in, because I don't like my browbone to be shiny. When I bought the Mac Brûlé eyeshadow, a pale matte cream eyeshadow, I thought it would be great for highlighting my browbone and just immediately bought this brush for it. The shadow is not actually pale enough to show up but when I do a bit of liquid highlight like the l'Oréal Lumi Magique or YSL Touche Eclat on my browbone, I still like to use this combination to set it in place, in stead of another setting powder.

Hema Angled brush x2
I don't know if they sell these at Hema anymore because I couldn't find them on the website and I didn't pay attention to them when I was in their store yesterday, but however, these ones are my everything! I bought one for lining my eyes at first, but when i started doing my eyebrows I really needed a second one that i would only use for my brows. These have been a staple in my collection for a really long time!

Zoeva 317 Wing Liner brush
This one came in the rose gold set as you probably know, and I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't. Not that it's crap, because it's gorgeous, but I think the Hema ones do the job just as good. They are pretty similar and the hairs feel exactly the same, only the Zoeva ones are a bit shorter, which gives the brush that bit more of precision. Don't get me wrong, I do really like this one and I use it whenever I want to line my eyes with an eyeshadow! I will probably use it more if I ever get into the gel eyeliner pot things, which won't happen very soon I reckon.

Mascara/Brow spool x2
I got these ones for free somewhere, you know those tester thingies from the different high end make up counters. I use them all the time to brush my eyebrows with. They come in handy when you don't have a brow pencil with a spooly on the other end!

Eyeko Lash Curler
Last but not least we have these amazing curlers! I used to use a cheap non-branded one from the local drugstore but ever since I got these I don't use those anymore. What a difference! They are so bouncey! (I really suck at describing an eyelash curler). I got them for free in a UK magazine that I can't remember the name of. By coincidence, I've found my ultimate lash curlers!



That's it, phew! That wasn't too much, was it? What do you think? Let me know in the comments! And also let me know what your ONE holy grail make up tool is, I'd love to find out!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

10 reacties

  1. Goeie borstels maken echt wel het verschil he ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Ik ben fan van de Real Techniques brushes! Ik had er eerst van Yves Rocher en nu merk ik pas het verschil, wow !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I do that agree a denser brush is quicker! Especially in the mornings! :) x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Hmm well I tried to do that but I just prefer a denser brush for that ;) x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Haha great loop hole ;) sure they are! x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I love love love the RT Setting Brush. I use it for powder as well but also love it for highlighter. Surprisingly, it actually didn't take that long to buff in liquid concealer under the eyes! x

    Jess | It's That Time For

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Great in depth post Charline! Would it be cheating to say my holy grail makeup tool is my fingers? Because you can apply most products with them in a pinch and use them to control any tools you need for bits you can't apply with them, like mascara!
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Zoeva brushes are so great, I'm so lucky I tried them! ;) Sephora brushes are really great! If you ever get the chance, definitely pick one up ;) x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. I love my Zoeva brushes so much and used only them exclusively for my eye makeup. I wish I could get some Sephora brushes as they look great! x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen