Perfect cream & powder duo's

10:00

Hey peeps!

So some of you may know that I have found my love for cream eyeshadows ever since I bought my first Maybelline Color Tattoo. I have been experimenting with them ever since, wearing them on their own, combining them with other eyeshadows...

I did a post what feels like ages ago about how I found a great cream shadow + eyeshadow pigment combo. If you want to check that out, click here.

Today I want to go even further than that and show you cream shadow + powder shadow combinations that colour match really well. The cream shadow acts as a base and the powder shadow as a setting powder for the cream product. When these are pretty much the same shade, you will intensify the colour even more!

Let's see which combinations I could make within my make up stash. Swatches of all the products will be at the end of the post!



Maybelline Color Tattoo in Chocolate Suede + Urban Decay Darkhorse (Naked palette)
The reason they match really well together is that they are both a really deep brown. I'm not saying they are the exact same colour, but they're pretty close. Darkhorse is a lot more shimmery than the almost matte Chocolate Suede. But they really blend well together and complement each other beautifully.


Maybelline Color Tattoo in Creamy  Beige + Urban Decay Tease (Naked 2 palette)
I'm sorry about including the Urban Decay palettes in a post AGAIN but hey, I can't help it that I like them so much; they have a lot to offer! Tease is such a pretty matte colour and only really shows up well when wearing it with a cream base. It's a lot more ashy and cooler toned than the Creamy Beige which is more of a warm taupey shade but when worn together, Tease really comes out well.


Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Emerveillé + Urban Decay YDK (Naked 2)
I was blown away by how great these two colour match! I would have never expected that, but in fact they look pretty much the same. These shades are so very beautiful just on their own and are really summer-proof! I never thought about the YDK shade like that, looking at it in the palette it looks darker than it actually is.


Maybelline Color Tattoo in Eternal Gold + Urban Decay Half Baked (Naked&Naked2)
This cream eyeshadow is a lot more glittery than you would first expect it to be but it's such a great one for that golden look. Half Baked is a bit darker but it really creates depth to the look and sets everything into place very nicely.


Givenchy Ombre Couture in Beige Mousseline + Too Faced Salted Caramel (Chocolate Bar palette)
I have been looking for a shade like this for months - I dedicated an entire post around this shade and it even got the whole eyeshadow series started!I love this warm terracotta colour a lot. I love that the Salted Caramel shade is matte, too. It's a beautiful transition shade to put in the crease. The Givenchy cream shadow looked more matte when I bought it but it has a bit of glitter spread out in it as well. I don't know if I like that, but either way it's a gorgeous and unique shade in my opinion.


Maybelline Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze + Too Faced Hazelnut (Chocolate Bar palette)
You all know how I love the On and On Bronze, it's the first cream shadow I ever tried and I haven't fallen out of love with it yet. I just use it a lot less because I have so much more shades to choose from now! It's a great base for any kind of bronze make up look, but the Hazelnut shade matches it so well! So if you want to lock down the cream shadow just a bit more, this is a good one for On and On Bronze!


Maybelline Color Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate + Mac Rustic (Color Forms: Warm Eyes palette)
I adore this shade and I really don't use it enough! It's one with those flecks of glitter in it, which is part of why I don't use it that much. But whenever I think of using this one, I always remember how much I love it. The Mac palette is a really old limited edition one from ages ago but the shadows are still great! The Rustic shade works so well with Metallic Pomegranate and the colour pay off just multiplies by 10.


Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pink Gold + Catrice Liquid Metal eyeshadow in Gold n' Roses
I never really buy anything from Catrice, but when I saw this eyeshadow I just had to pick it up. And it goes just so well with Pink Gold! It's a lot more shimmery but it looks great for party looks. Pink Gold is like a toned down version of that, being metallic/shimmery but not too much. They are the perfect combination.


Rimmel Kate Eyeshadow Stick in Rose Gold + Park Avenue Loose Powder eyeshadow in Vintage Rust
Last but certainly not least are two great products and lovely shades  I proudly have in my collection. The shades are pretty much the exact same but because Vintage Rust is a pigment, is needs a base to cling to. It works well with On and On bronze, but for an intense copper bronze pay off, the Rose Gold eye shadow stick works best. It already has lots of colour pay off, that one, but to make it a bit more sparkly and intense, the pigment works well on top of it!

Swatches:


l-r: Chocolate Suede+Darkhorse, Creamy Beige+Tease, Emerveillé+YDK, Eternal Gold+Half Baked


l-r: Beige Mousseline+Salted Caramel, On and On Bronze+Hazelnut, Metallic Pomegranate+Rustic, Pink Gold+Gold n' Roses, Rose Gold+Vintage Rust



What do you think is the prettiest of them all? Do you know a cream + powder eyeshadow combination that I didn't mention that works really well? Let me know so I can try them out ;-)


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

2 reacties

  1. This was a great post Charline - I love posts like this that get you thinking outside the box about makeup combinations, so thanks! I have a Naked 3 dupe palette from Makeup Revolution where one of the shades matches up really well with Pink Gold from the Maybelline Color Tattoo range but can't remember what the shade name would be in the actual Naked 3. Thanks for inspiring me to compare some of my cream eyeshadows to my palettes and see what other combinations I can make!
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen