Updated make up storage + collection

10:00

I got me some new MUJI drawers!
That means it's time for an updated Storage post.


Before I went to London I only had the 3-drawer MUJI unit. I picked up the one on top of that, a 2-drawer unit, because I didn't think I needed three PLUS the 2-drawer unit's drawers are a bit higher so I could finally fit in my foundations in there.

My make up collection is still very much attached to my very big desk space. I need a desk as big as the one I have because I just have a lot of stuff from school to put away on it. That means I have no space left at all for a fancy vanity table or even a separate little table to store my make up on. Behind the drawers you can see built-in closet doors and inside two of them there are big mirrors where I can look in to put my make up on, so that's why it's standing on the corner of my desk, in case you were wondering ;) It's so handy for when I'm taking pictures or writing a blog post as well; all those things happen at the same desk so I can just reach for a product when I can't remember the name or want to double check something.


On top of my drawers is still the little unit with all my face brushes. In the front used to be my foundations and concealers, but since I started experimenting with lip products, those will now be stored in there.

Right next to it is an empty candle jar with all my eye brushes.

If you want to see more of my brush collection, I did a full make up tools collection post not too long ago, so you might want to check that one out!

I put my latest addition to my foundation collection, the Nars All Day Luminous Weightless foundation on top of my drawers as well, just because it looks pretty and it's new and I can easily get to it.


Next to my drawers I have some more empty candle jars where I keep some bits and bobs and a bigger one for all my eye pencils and eyeliners.



Onto the drawers! The top one is now filled with all the new things I got in London from Charlotte Tilbury and Hourglass - all things new and all things luxurious! On the left we have my new one and only true love, the Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Multi-Colour in Marinière N°02 which I instantly bought a back up for, since I love it so much. I don't think I've ever loved a product so much I bought a back up for it, but I just had to because it's limited edition. Right above that one is the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush and the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Radiant Bronze Light. Then we have the Charlotte Tilbury Luxury eyeshadow palette in The Dolce Vita and the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow contour palette.


The second drawer is for foundations and concealers. 
 From left to right: L'Oréal Infallible foundation, l'Oréal Infallible 24H Matte foundation, Bourjois 123 Perfect CC cream, Clinique Even Better foundation, Maybelline Fit Me concealers, Collection Lasting Perfection concealer, Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer, YSL Touche Eclat, l'Oréal Lumi Magique. Right above that we have a Benefit Fake Up concealer stick and some foundation samples.


The top drawer of my 3-drawer unit is for Priming&Setting. From left to right: The Body SHop All-In-One Instablur, Benefir The POREfessional, The Body Shop Radiant Highlighter, Clinique Superprimer Universal Face Primer, The Body Shop Honey Bronze Face Gel, Urban Decay All Nighter Make Up Setting Spray, Nars Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base and then the samples of the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion that came with my Naked palettes.


The next drawer is what I call the cream products drawer. Here we have cream eyeshadow pencils and shadow sticks, two cream highlighters and a pencil sharpener.

From left to right: Kiko Creamy Touch, Elf eyeliner & shadow stick, Kiko Long Lasting sticks, Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick, Rimmel Kate shadow sticks, Hema Double Wear waterproof eyepencil, Bourjois Colorband, Maxfactor Smoky Eye Effect duo sticks, Essence Soo glow! cream to powder highlighter, Benefit Watt's Up cream highlighter stick.


The last drawer is for mascaras, brows and my two setting powders. Yes, I only ever use the Rimmel Stay Matte powder and since a few weeks the Bourjois Java Rice Powder for under the eyes. The mascaras I own at the moment (I threw away some of them recently) are the Mac Haute & Naughty Lash, l'Oréal False Lash Superstar, Maybelline LashSensational, Maybelline The Falsies and Benefit they're Real. For my brows I have the Mac custom duo palette with Charcoal Brown and Brûlé in it, Benefit GimmeBrow and Maybelline BrowDrama transparent brow gel.


Because I didn't want to buy seven MUJI drawer units to fit all of my stuff in there, I moved a lot of my stuff to my ikea drawer unit a while back (as you might have already seen on my instagram - shameless plug). All my eyeshadows are in the top drawer, all my blushes, bronzers and powder highlighters are in the second one. Underneath are two bigger drawers - one for scale model & other crafting stuff and one for all my technology; cables, chargers, DSLR lenses, iPod cases...


I'll give you a quick rundown of the two make up drawers but I won't go into detail too much - otherwise this post would get too long!

I'm definitely going to do a post on my eyeshadow palettes soon so keep your eyes peeled for that!


Inside my eyeshadow drawer you can see my Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette and the Urban Decay Naked and Naked 2 palettes in the front. Behind those on the left are three YSL palettes, a Chanel eyeshadow palette, the Urban Decay Naked Basics and Naked Basics 2 and the The Balm Autobalm California Driver License palette. Next to those are some single eyeshadows right beside that and two Mac palettes on the right. Right behind those is my big - unfinished - custom eyeshadow palette, laying flat with some Park Avenue pigments on top of it. 

In the back is my Elf Baked eyeshadow palette with some cream eyeshadows on top. Next to it are all my Maybelline Color Tattoos in a row. On the right in the back are some old palettes I don't use anymore but I'm keeping them for the sake of the eyeshadow palette post.


I know this drawer is a mess, I should probably get some trays to put these in but hey, we work with what we've got and just feel honoured you can have an insight of my messy drawers, alright?

As there is no structure in this drawer, I'm just going to name them in whatever order:
The Body Shop Honey Bronzer, Maybelline Master Sculpt, Bourjois Délice De Soleil, Cargo Beach Blush, Maxfactor Creme Puff Blushes, Bourjois Cream blush, Benefit Hoola, Dandelion, Sugarbomb and Coralista, an Estée Lauder blush palette, Chanel Jardin De Chanel blush, The Balm Cindy-Lou Manizer, Mac Melba, SuperDry Burnt Coral blush, Mac WonderWoman bronzer, The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer, Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick and finally, in the back on the left, a really old Estée Lauder bronzer.


Phew, a mouth full. Let me know what you think about my storage and how you store your make up!

Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

17 reacties

  1. oh thanks! I'm quite proud of it indeed :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. you collection is to die for! :) love it

    http://villemo20.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Oh yeah you should! They are so handy!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Such a great post! I think I might get a muji drawer because I keep seeing them everywhere! x


    farfromperfectionxo.blogspot.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Hahaha nooo, I'm nosey too and I like this kind of posts on other blogs as well so that's why I did one myself ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Love makeup storage posts :) It's always interesting to have a nosey through people's storage and see how they store their makeup (maybe I'm just too nosey!) :) x

    Brenda BusyBee | Win a Travalo Perfume Atomiser

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Me too! I love these kinds of posts and videos, I'm such a nosy person and I want to know what everyone else owns, haha! ;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Thanks for posting this! Really enjoyed it, and I just love looking at everyone else's make-up! haha :)


    Bridget xx


    westcoasttstyle.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. (Literally the only time I've ever said YOLO x)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Well it IS getting slightly out of hand, especially considering a lot of high-end stuff is in there, so maybe I should keep the shopping down for a bit now ;) x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Great post! I was just thinking how I should organize all of my stuff x

    rainandteaparties.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Wow, what a collection. It's all so beautiful! And *just* the right size, too, enough to have lots of choice but not so much that you need a whole new set of drawers from Ikea. Good stuff x


    alicered.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Oh haha thanks ^^ I've been hoarding all my make up lately and I'm so glad I got to re-arrange everything ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. Haha ja danku! Ik ben er fier op! Zeker op mijn lade vol oogschaduw ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Mooie verzameling hebt ge al bij elkaar ! :D

    love, Turn it inside out

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. Your makeup collection is like my dream! x
    OhjustAlice.blogspot.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen