August Beauty Favourites

10:00

Hey peeps!

I can't believe August is over... Where has summer gone? I swear it was only the 1st of July yesterday...

Anyways, Let's get onto my August favourites!


As much as I've been loving the blush last month, I am loving the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer this month. I have the shade Radiant Bronze Light. I've heard people rave about how natural this looks on the skin. It was actually Shannon from Shaaanxo who said those exact words about hers, but I've noticed her bronzer had a lot of the lighter shade in the marbled pattern, which makes it not too dark. Mine turned out darker than I originally thought it would be after I swatched it in the store, so it doesn't look "natural" on me in the sense that if I wear it, people are going to notice I'm wearing a super duper gorgeous bronzer. Then again if I paid so much for it I want people to notice I'm wearing the most gorgeous bronzed sheen on my face. I wear it more on night-time events for that reason. (full review here)

I've been showing the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara a lot of love. The beauty vloggers weren't lying; this stuff is amazing! I'm actually still using the mini, but really wanted to include the full size in the picture ;-) It separates my lashes, gives them volume, holds a curl, it just does everything I want a mascara to do.

Weirdly enough I've been loving kind of Autumnal colours on my eyes this month. These are three Mac shadows: Woodwinked, Sumptious Olive and Coquette. I've been loving the green-ish tone on my lids and I find it goes so well with my green eyes. I guess I've just been wearing them because I've been keeping my Mac palette on top of my Muji drawers so I would use it more often.

I'm totally getting into lipsticks lately and I have been loving the Rimmel Kate lipstick in 43 from the new nude range. I was actually looking for the ever so popular shade 38 but when I couldn't find it in 3 Boots' in a row I panicked and picked up this one instead. It's nothing like it, but I'm so glad I bought this one! It smells kind of tutti-frutti as well, yummie!

Lastly I wanted to give an honorable mention to my new sunnies I picked up in Barcelona. (Brand unknown) I know it's not make up related but who gives a fuss? They are very vintage and kind of out there when I'm wearing them, so I wasn't quite sure about them when I bought them, but turns out: they are sooo me! I love wearing them and I love having to wear them because that means sun's out and I love the sun being out. That being said, summer is almost over, let's all pray for a bit of sun in September!


Let me know what you've been loving this month and as always, feel free to link to your favourites post if you did one!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

14 reacties

  1. Thanks! Yeah that mascara was a bit of a splurge but I really really enjoy using it ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I love the sunglasses! MAC Woodwinked is one of my favourites and Sumptuous Olive is on my wish list :) definitely need to try the Too Faced mascara too xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I'd love to try the Better Than Sex mascara, it's seems to be amazing! The bronzer from Hourglass is beautiful! Xx


    riitamacedo.blogspot.pt

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. If you ever get the chance, you should! ;) x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. oh your comment made me so happy! thank you so much! ^^ x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. yeah it's such a pretty one! Too bad I can't use it every day because it's a bit too out-there ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. ah yes I really really adore my sunglasses ;) the Hourglass bronzer is a big investment, but if you're into that kind of thing I think it's worth it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. haha well I'm glad I could give you some inspiration then ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. It's a beautiful one, let me tell you that!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Great picks, I need to try out every product in this post lol, they all look gorgeous! xoxo
    http://www.life-by-becky.blogspot.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. I love the sunglasses, it's such a flattering shape! And I need to try that hourglass bronzer, sounds great.

    lepetitfolie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. These look awesome! The hourglass looks amazing would definitely want that in my life

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. The lipstick looks so pretty and I love the sunglasses! Your pictures are always lovely :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen