Charlotte Tilbury The Dolce Vita: review

10:00

Hey peeps!

Today I'm going to talk about this beautiful eyeshadow palette!
It's the Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette in The Dolce Vita.


Can we all just take a moment and appreciate these stunning colours? They are just my cup of tea, I love warm brown shades. That's mainly why I picked this one up.

Many people raved about the quality of these so I just had to try them in store when I was in Selfridges back in July. They felt so buttery, I can't describe how much I loved the feeling of them. The pigmentation didn't disappoint either, so the decision was quickly made to pick this up and buy it already!

Now when I first used it at home, it didn't go as smooth as in the store, but I think I just need to get through the top layer to get to the buttery-ness. I also think it may be because in-store everyone swatches it with their fingers and the oils of the skin make it feel so rich and creamy almost after a while, could that be possible? I'm not a connoisseur like that but maybe that's why it didn't feel as smooth when I first tried it. Nevertheless the quality and pigmentation is amazing!


So in here we have a gorgeous champagne highlight, perfect for inner corners and browbone, a redish brown that has a very slight sheen to it, great to warm up the crease or to use on the entire eyelid, a very sparkly gold that's gorgeous for night-time looks and a regular brown shade that's not too dark but just right for defining the crease or pop on the lower lashline and it has the same finish than the one above it. For me, the stunner of these is definitely the one on the top right, it's sooo pretty! The highlight shade is also really gorgeous with a hint of sparkle, just enough to make the inner corners pop! The glitterly shade I find a bit too sheer in coverage and the glitter-particles have a bit too much fall out. They really get everywhere underneath my eyes if I'm not careful, which basically makes me a disco ball. Maybe it's just me not being careful enough ;)


You know I'm a sucker for pretty packaging and this is just as gorgeous as everything else from her line. It's the classic burgundy plastic tin, slick but sturdy and with the gold detail in the front. Inside it looks so luxurious with the gold plating and the Charlotte Tilbury engraving. Simple but chique, that's how I like it the most. And of course, a mirror as big as the inside with the signature little star in the corner.


Is it worth your money? I'd say: It's expensive, but definitely worth it!
I've never seen a combination of shades like this before and in my opinion, the only way to get a red-brown shade like this is to either mix in a few other shades or go to Mac and make your own quad, but I think you won't save pennies doing that. You might as well just but this one and get gorgeous packaging along with it!


Have you tried any Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow palettes or other products? Let me know in the comments!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

25 reacties

  1. haha! I know what you mean ! love the sun for photography :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Oh haha you make me shy :$ thank you! (the sun was okay that day, hooray for great natural lighting!)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Oh thank you, that's too kind of you ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Ha, well, that's where my eyeshadow obsession comes in. For me it's pretty easy to splurge on eyeshadows, rather than other products. I couldn't spend a lot on lipsticks, for example, because I don't wear them all the time. I do however always put on some eyeshadow, and it's my favourite part of the whole make up routine! So it's really where your priorities are, I guess ;) thanks for the comment!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. hm, could be, altough I always think they feel creamier when a lot of people dabbed their oily fingers in them! I have no idea, but when I felt them for the first time in store, they felt really buttery! I don't know what could have been wrong with the one you swatched... too bad though, something like that can really put you off!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. this is so pretty !!! and loving your pictures as usual :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. I cant get over how pretty this is! Also your pictures are stunning!

    Summer xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. This palette is so gorgeous! but i have to agree with the commenter below can i justify paying so much for this?

    www.beautyandtheboy.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. It's definitely a great neutral. But I'm still on the fence when it comes to the CT brand. Kind of the same way I feel about Tom Ford. Though I recently did get some TF stuff as a gift - still struggle with the idea of paying $50 for one of his lipsticks, lol. Anyway, if I do eventually get one of her eye shadow palettes it will be Vintage Vamp. I only had the chance to see the products once in real life whilst travelling and only for a few minutes because we were pressed for time. I swatched some of the shadows but wasn't impressed by the pigmentation. It could have just been the fact that the display stuff was old and touched by many. I dunno.

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. I've always wanted this - for obvious reasons. I know it's expensive but I think I would get so much use from it xx

    Karan||studentbeautyhack

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. The great thing is with this one is that the colours are very neutral, still. you can pack them on for more intensity, but for day-to-day wear, this one is great too (apart from the glitter shade, maybe) I really like the highlight shade in this, too, it's soooo pretty!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. It's a great one, definitely an investment but so worth it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. yeah well if you already have similar colours, maybe try that first ;) x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. wow this palette is so gorgeous! Defo my cup of tea also! I really want to try this palette out.

    http://tashaforrest.blogspot.co.uk/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Suuuuch a pretty palette - I feel like this one gets the most raves out of her quad range! I will have to have a swatch to see if I want to pick it up because I think I have a few similar shades, but it IS gorgeous!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. Hahaha well it's definitely a great christmas gift!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. It is pretty damn expensive, that's true :(

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. I've been lusting after this palette forever! It's so lovely :) might have to put it on my Christmas list this year! Oops I did just mention Christmas in August yes! Haha :)
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  19. It's very autumnal, but those are just my kind of shades ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  20. WOWZA!!! That packaging is so fancy!! I wish I could afford it hehe

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  21. I love love love this palette, It's my favourite ever! I think that thanks to this particular one I started loving eyeshadows! The colors are amazing and what about the glitter?? OMG I can't rave about it enough! :) xx


    www.thecovetbeauty.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  22. This is SO beautiful! Out of all the CT palettes, this is definitely one I would pick up, I love the berry tone and the bronze gold, that would look amazing in the party season!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen