Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow: review

10:00

Hey gorgeous!

Today I want to give you my opinion on this little gem, the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow contour palette!


Opinions are mixed on this one; everyone says it's a gorgeous product, but a lot of big YouTubers seem to only use the contour shade or only the highlight shade. I personally really like both.

It looked quite pale when I first swatched it in store, but I figured when it works for so many people, it will definitely work for my paler skin tone. The highlight looks quite intense when swatched so you only need a little bit.

Pigmentation-wise these are very good. The contour is pigmented but not overly-pigmented so it's easy to dose the amount of product you pick up. I apply this one with my fairly new Sephora Pro Contour brush, which fits into the hollow of my cheek perfectly. I also take it down the sides of my nose a little bit. The powder is really easy to blend so I don't get harsh lines.

The highlighter is a bit more pigmented so I use a light hand with my Real Techniques Setting Brush to tap it into the product and sweep it on top of my cheekbones. The colour is great for my skin tone, a light champagne glowy shade, not too glittery and finely milled so it spreads and blends evenly.


I don't have the feeling it stays on all day like some of my other powders do, but again I'm really careful with contouring because I'm scared to over-do it. I don't like strong contouring but a bit of a contour suits me fine. The consistency of the powders feel lovely though.

The packaging is simple, convenient and very pretty. The mirror inside is huge and I love the little star in the corner - it's all about the details! The signature star on the inside of the product. I also love that this one feels quite sturdy but doesn't take up more space than needed at the same time. 10/10 for packaging!



Is this palette worth your pennies? Well, it was definitely a big investment for me but I'm glad I can hold it in my hands. I think it's definitely a great product and well worth it's money, I haven't seen anything like it that's similar on the high street (Nope, the Maybelline Master Sculpt is really not comparable to this one! At all!) but maybe you can find a good bronze/contour shade and combine it with a cheaper highlight as well. Although I don't think you will find something of this great quality for less money.


Hope you liked this review and if there's anything I forgot to cover you really want to know, feel free to ask in the comments. Let me know what you think about it if you own think product!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

19 reacties

  1. It was about time she brought that out! So glad people with darker skin tones can finally try it out too ;) hope you will like it as much as I do!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Haha, well sometimes a product just doesn't work out the way you want it to. I think if you keep trying this one, it will grow on you a bit better. I thought it was too light at first, but kept building up the colour and you can make the contour as intense as you want it to be. Plus, I just adore the highlight. But I guess if you've found a great drugstore one that you're really keen on, it can be underwhelming to try a high end version of it. I'd love to try the Sleek contour kit, I was in London only last month and totally forgot to have a look at it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. It looks so gorgeous! I think I'm actually going to treat myself to the darker shade soon ;) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. This looks so beautiful, but honestly I was a little underwhelmed when I tried my friends! It's pretty but I just think my Sleek Contour Kit is just as good! I know I'm controversial lol...

    Kat | www.kathorrocks.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. If you buy it together, it's affordable high-end I guess ;) it's really worth it! Hope you enjoy it ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. This product has been on our wish list for a while now, it just looks so beautiful and the packaging is gorgeous! Hopefully we will soon splash out and get our hands on it, we can't wait to try it.
    Esme & Rhiannon | esmerhiannon.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. It is sooo pretty right? I don't use it everyday though, because I'm more into bronzers than contouring atm, but when I do, gosh it just looks so gorgeous! It's the prettiest highlight I've ever owned!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. I waited so long before buying this because the price kept putting me off, but it is totally worth it, in my opinion! Like you said, there is nothing else like it in the drugstore! I love it & use it so, so often. It is just so pretty too! xx

    Beautylymin

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. I am in love with your style! thanks for shairng. Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Thanks! &hey I don't mean to be rude but I don't think that's how it works ;) by the way, I did check out your blog, it's just not my kind of content I guess. Don't get me wrong, it looks amazing, but I will always check out people who are nice in my comments and I will follow if it's my kind of thing. I hope you're not offended, but follow for follow doesn't work 90% of the time, even if you ask it in the nicest way possible. If you're only going to follow people who follow you, I think you're blogging for the wrong reasons. Maybe you can try joining twitter chats to gain more exposure with your blog ;) hope that helps, and sorry again :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. amazing blog post :D


    i love the design of your blog :D


    Jadiee'sLittleBlog


    Jade

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Thanks! It's a stunner; no wonder everyone raves about it! x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. I really want to try this out, I have been eyeing all of Charlotte Tilbury's products. Lovely post!


    Lee | www.wonderringg.blogspot.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. She is going to release a darker shade soon, I don't know when exactly but if it's out, please go swatch it whenever you get the chance ;) the formula is amazing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. It looks really light at first but once it's on my face, it's actually perfect for a subtle contour. The darker shade is going to release soon, I believe, so maybe wait on that one and go and swatch it when it's out! ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. This has been on my wishing list for ages! I hope I can get my hands on them soon :) I'm wondering if the sculpting shade is dark enough for my skin tone which is NC20 - 25 ..
    xo, Jessie | Bear and Berries

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. This is probably at the top of my CT wishlist. There are just sooo many raves and it just seems like such an effortless product! The contour shade does look quite light though - hopefully it works for me!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. I'm soooo glad I finally have this one in my collection ;) so worth it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  19. I NEED IT. This sounds amazing, AAAA. defo going to have to pick this one up soon;)

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen