Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush & Bronzer: review

10:00

Hey beauties! How're you doing?

So, to start off I want to explain real quick why I'm doing so many plain old reviews.
I have no clue if anyone of you thinks I'm being un-original or lack inspiration, but as a matter of fact, I bought so many high end products lately and I just really want to let you know my full opinion on them; I always love reading reviews, especially on more expensive products, before investing in them myself. I feel sometimes featuring them in a favourites post or make up look is not enough. An in-depth review can give people so much information, so yeah, that's why I'm doing good plain old in-depth reviews so much lately. With that out of the way, let's move on to these two beauties:

The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush and the Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Radiant Bronze Light.


I had seen so many good reviews and make up looks that featured the Hourglass blushes. I think they look really unique and the shade range is so very special. The palettes have been raved about so much so I finally had the chance to swatch them when I was in London. I figured the shade Luminous Flush was the prettiest and the most suitable for me. It swatches as a light peach colour with a hint of shimmer. It gives my cheeks a subtle glow and a lovely little healthy flush of colour. Be careful and use a light hand, because this little thing is very pigmented!

Recently the Ambient Lighting Bronzers were introduced to the Hourglass-collection and there are two shades available. I chose the lighter one called Radiant Bronze Light as I thought that would already be dark enough for my paler skin. This one is quite sparkly and glowy and the shade is to the orange side of the spectrum, which means it can't be used as a contour. It's so beautiful to warm up the cheeks though, and really suitable for night-looks. It's easy to go overboard with this one as again, it's super pigmented.


The packaging looks very luxurious, on of the main reasons why people love it so much. I must say I was quite disappointed when I first got it in my hands; for some reason I didn't expect it to be such a light plastic case, but more of a sturdier, heavier packaging. It does look great, but it doesn't feel as great as it looks, in my opinion. These are really expensive enough to have a sturdier packaging I think. On the other hand, it makes it easier to take with me on travels!

I do think they stay on for a long time. I haven't worn the bronzer for that long, since I only wear it for evening looks as I mentioned earlier. But the blush really holds up for a whole day!

Are they worth all your money? I think they are, but I also think there are a lot of drugstore (or at least a bit cheaper) blushes that are just as pigmented. I think the shades are quite unique, and the formula and the marbled-effect which puts a bit of highlighter in there as well makes it a unique product that is glowy but not glittery and very natural looking (especially the blush).

The price is what made me decide to buy a single blush and not the palette that was just a bit out of my price range. I'd love to try more shades though!

The blushes come at £28 and the bronzers at £42 in SpaceNK.

Have you tried any of the blushes or bronzer? Let me know what you think about them!
Hope you liked the review ;-)

Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

8 reacties

  1. Haha, I'm sorry my blog does that to you :')

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. everytime i come on your blog i legit wanna buy everything
    not good for my bank account lol

    ShaunicaLyn | Beauty Blog

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I guess there are 6 different shades, they are definitely brightening powders but I think some are more highlighty than others. A few are better to use as an all over powder, while some of them are definitely better at use as a highlighter. Depends on your skin tone too, I think. Swatching them in store and deciding how you want to use them is key when picking one up, I reckon ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I'm confused as to whether they are powders or highlighters! Haven't bought them either way, but haven't seen them in the flesh yet xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Yeah that palette looks beyond beautiful!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Noooo I haven't. I really think they are too expensive for "just a powder". I always use drugstore powders tbh!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. That blush is in the palette that I have & I love it! I also love Dim Infusion! Love the bronzer also. I haven't tried any of the ambient lighting powders - have you? xx

    Beautylymin

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. I'm yet to succumb to any of the ambient lighting powders but the holiday palette that's coming at the end of the year i calling out to meeee. That is like the ultimate splurge. These both sound gorgeous though, I particularly want to try the blushes!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen