Make Up Series: #4 Blushes

10:00

Hey folks!

The saga continues.
I give you an insight of my history of blushes.
If you haven't seen the previous ones, they're available via these links:

Enjoy!




When I was younger and only getting into make up, not having all the blogs to recommend me stuff, I used to pick up random things I saw anywhere. My first blush was the T.Leclerc one (blue packaging), which was in a set with two eyeshadows and a powder. I didn't use it very often because I only had a retractable blush brush that would make me apply it in a very harsh line, you know the look I mean. Then my mom bought a beauty case from Estée Lauders and she was so kind to let me play around with the products inside; I think she never actually used them! This blush quad has one bronzer in there and three blushes. They are actually pretty gorgeous but I don't reach for them a lot anymore. I used to use them sporadically.


The first blush I properly used every day is the Sugarbomb blush from Benefit. I think this is my third or fourth one ever since; I just kept repurchasing it before I really got into make up. It's such a gorgeous shimmery peach that goes with anything! A year or two ago I decided to try more blushes and I bought a Coralista blush, also from Benefit. I think it was only last year when I decided to try the Dandelion one too and as you can see I have shown this one much love in the past!

In between those purchases I also used the Cargo Beach Blush in whatever shade, but that one dropped somewhere along the line and I threw it away. I bought it again at the beginning of this year, but I use it more as a sort of bronzer now so that's why I didn't include it in this post ;)


I picked up a SuperDry blush in Burnt Coral in the sale last year and I'm so glad I did - it was so cheap and it's such a pretty one! It looks like I've barely used it but trust me, when I bought it I used it everyday! Then last spring this beautiful Chanel Jardin De Chanel blush came out - probably the prettiest looking one of them all! When I kept hearing a lot about Mac blushes, I decided to go for Melba, mainly because it's a matte one and I didn't own matte blushes before. So glad I made this purchase!


Then onto some purchases of the last two months or so! I bought the MaxFactor Creme Puff Blush in Alluring Rose - soooo pretty and so unique! I picked up another one in Seductive Pink right after my Spending Ban was over. These are so gorgeous and the quality is amazing! I put them together in one picture with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Seductive Pink because of the marble effect; a lot of people say the MaxFactor ones are dupes for the Hourglass ones, but I wonder which shades would be similar. I think none; both ranges are very unique in my opinion!


The Balm Cindy-Lou Manizer, technically a blush, is a product I use mostly for a really soft highlight. I don't use the blush shade in the The Balm Autobalm palette a lot, but it still is very gorgeous. Lastly I own one cream blush that I did a review on very recently, the Bourjois cream blush in 04 Sweet Cherry.

I really need to add some cream blushes to my collection, what do you think? ;-)

Hope you enjoyed! Let me know what your favourite blush of all times is!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

20 reacties

  1. I wish they were more affordable so I could buy all of them! ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Danku! Jaaa die van Chanel is mijn mest trotse bezit haha ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Die van estee lauder heb ik ook maar mijn vakjes zijn vierkant :)
    Echt een leuke collectie, die van Chanel is echt super mooi!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Die van Benefit wil ik al even proberen, van de Maxfactor nog nooit gehoord eigenlijk, moet ik eens checken in de winkel ;) bedankt voor de tip!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Mooie collectie! Ik ben ook fan van cream blushes! Mijn favorieten zijn de Benefit Majorette en de Max Factor Creamy Blush!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. That is a great selection of blushed. Hourglass ones are my favourite they are so magical


    Sam || Beautydetour

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Ooh! Yes! Nyx blushes are definitely on my wish list. ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. I love your collection! I really want to try Melba! Some of my favourite blusher are NYX Dusty Rose and The Balm Frat Boy and Down Boy! Oh and the Max Factor ones!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Haha yes, if we find something to justify buying more, we will use it! I believe you have Diffused Heat, am I correct? Than one is like next on my list! ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. The Cargo Beach Blushes are great. I use them as a blush/bronzer combo - a two for one. :-) They are a bit shimmery but I don't mind so much in the Summer. :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. I definitely agree the shades in the Max Factor and Hourglass ranges are really different (which justifies having both haha) - Seductive Pink and Alluring Rose are my faves from Max factor and I don't have this shade in the Hourglass but will definitely swatch it next time I'm in Space NK! xx


    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Melba is such a pretty shade, I'd love to get my hands on it! Same with the HG blushes, they just look so effortless! LOVE Cindy-Lou, such a pretty blush topper. If you're looking into some cream blushes, I definitely recommend the Stila Convertible Colours, my fave ;)

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. I've heard a lot about those, never actually swatched them when I had the chance to. Probably should have, haha, because I can only get them by ordering online where I live!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. Goh ik heb die van Benefit altijd wel graag gehad. Nuja, blush is sowieso op het einde van de dag wel verdwenen van mijn gezicht hoor :D Ik heb ook enkel de Melba om te kunnen vergelijken. Vind die fijn omdat die matt is, iets wat Benefit niet echt heeft. Ik vind ze zeker wel de moeite waard ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Zijn die van Benefit beter als mac? :D ik heb momenteel alleen de melba maar ik heb de indruk dat die wel snel verdwenen is van mn gezicht :')

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. The Benefit blushes really looks gorgeous !! I have been obsessed with coral tones lately

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen