The Perfect Palette Tag

10:00

Hey lovelies!

I was tagged by Beautylymin ages ago to do the Perfect Palette Tag (and I think it's supposed to be eyeshadow palettes so that's what I did). I love eyeshadows, as you may or may not know, so I'm super duper excited to share my answers with you!


 
Best Packaging:
Marc Jacobs. I definitely bought this one just for the packaging (although the eyeshadows themselves are great too!)



Best Colour Pay-Off:
The first brand that pops into my mind is definitely Urban Decay. Charlotte Tilbury and Marc Jacobs definitely have the same amount of pigmentation and butteriness (if that's a word that exists).



Most Versatile:
I'd say Urban Decay Naked 2. It has a few really great mattes (including a deep black one which is perfect for eyeliner and a yellow one that's perfect for setting under-eye concealer) and a few pretty shimmery ones and highlighting ones. The colours are all really different, some of them are a bit warmer but most of them are cool-toned though. I still think this is the most versatile palette I own.



Best For Traveling:
I bought the The Balm AutoBalm California Driver Licence palette for the sole purpose of traveling light; it has four shades that can be used as eyeshadows, but they are also a blush, a highlighter, a brow powder and an eyeliner (although that last one is quite sparkly). The packaging is very slick and light (because of the carton) so it's a great one for traveling!



Biggest Regret:
I hate myself for saying this but I think it's the YSL Couture Palette in Ballet Russes. I don't regret buying any palette, but if there's one palette that's so pretty but really doesn't get enough attention from me, it's this one. I don't know why but I never really reach for it. I only used it a couple of times for blog posts but that's it; in real life I don't really wear this one a lot. I really must keep it closer to me so I don't forget about it because YSL eyeshadows are just so good!



Best Colour Names:
This one definitely goes to the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette. I love me some chocolate and everything referencing to it has my heart!



Least Used Palette:
I bought this BE palette for whatever reason, it wasn't too pricey but I instantly regretted buying this one when I tried it. It has major fallout and the pigmentation is just the worst. I might give it away to someone or throw it away after I did my make up collection post on all my eyeshadow palettes (I have no idea when that's going to be so i will keep it for now). It does have some pretty shades in it, but I don't know. I just don't like it.



Most Used Palette:
Definitely the Urban Decay Naked palette. I have gotten much use out of this one when I first bought it; mainly because it was one of the first proper big eyeshadow palettes that I ever bought and since then my collection exponentially grew!



Most Loved Palette:
Probably my Mac custom palette; although I don't use it as much as I should, and it's still not finished either, it's just close to my heart because it's pretty darn expensive and I chose out all the colours myself so I think it's pretty unique in that way.



Desert Island Pick:
Urban Decay Naked Palette. 'Nuff said.


I tagAlice from Alice Red, Heather from PorcelainBeauty and the girls from Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty. Good luck!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

19 reacties

  1. It's a classic, it has all the right shades, the Naked palette!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I love the Dolce Vita palette too :) and I think the Naked 1 is probably my most-used as well! xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. that charlotte tilbury palette omg lovestruck

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. No problem ;) I'm just really curious about your palettes hahaha ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. So many gorgeous palettes mentioned here! Thanks so much for tagging me!

    Heather, PorcelainBeauty xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I love this tag :-) One of my all-time favorite palettes is the Smashbox Cherry Smoke Palette. But I'm also very much in love with my UD Naked 3 palette and I just cannot WAIT to get the new smokey palette!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. I'm very intrigued by the Naked Smoky too, but I don't think I will spend that money on yet another palette ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. reading this has made me want to buy all the palettes aha! I have the Naked 2 and definitely agree that it's super versatile.

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. We all know our true good stuff, right? Nothing beats the Naked palette!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Haha no worries, do it whenever you like :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. I well I'm curious to see your answers then ;) let me know when you do! ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Love this post! I think I'll film mine when I have a couple more palettes - tbh I probably already have enough to film it now but 90% of them are from Makeup Revolution and I think I'd like a bit more variety! Thanks so much for tagging me xxx


    alicered.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. I really, really like the look of The Balm palette! I agree with you totally on the original Naked palette & the Chocolate Bar palette! xx

    Beautylymin

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. The Balm AutoBalm California Driver Licence palette is so cute, might need to get that for travelling with!

    Mary | www.strikeapose.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. I've been meaning to do this tag for the longest time! I have so many palettes I need to talk about. Agreed on Too Faced, such cute names! theBalm really do do some awesome palettes for travel, such practical packaging and multi-purpose shades.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. OMG so many amazing palettes!! That Marc Jacobs one has quite a unique design

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. Yes! That's probably why I bought it, haha ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen