Traveling Light: Mini's and Multi-Purpose

10:00

Hey everyone!

Soon I'm leaving for the last vacation this summer. I'm going to Italy with some friends and we decided to just take hand luggage with us, so it's important to pack light. Knowing me, this can be really hard, especially because I want to take all my make up with me since we're going for 10 days. The key is finding light weight packagings, taking your samples and mini's, using kits and thinking about more purposes for the same product.


I'll start with the star of the show and that's the The Balm Autobalm California Driver Licence palette. This one contains almost an entire make up look with a blush, a highlighter, a brow shade and at the same time 4 eyeshadows to use on the lid. Maye for some people the brow shade might actually work as a contour as well. It's great to have kits like these that weigh so little! I've also been seeing the Lorac travel palettes around which I would love to be able to take with me!

For blush there are many options, I just picked out the tiniest one in my collection and that's the Bourjois Cream blush in 04 Sweet Cherry. It's little, it's light weight and it's a great one to take with me since it's a cream product.

I love taking cream eyeshadow sticks and pencils with me, since they don't take up a lot of space and are most of the times great one-wash wonders. I've been loving my Kiko ones a lot and they stay put on my lids for the longest time.

Because it's still summer I really want to bronze up my skin and I've not been showing my Cargo Beach Blush in Miami Beach enough love in my opinion, so that's why I'm taking this one with me. Because it's a blush but it's also quite bronze, it's great for both purposes, and because it's layered with different colours, I can use it as a gorgeous bronze eyeshadow as well!

Lastly we have the mini's. These we get from travel packs, samples, little kits and so on. I suggest when you get a sample of something, don't go and use it all up but rather save it for when you go on vacation. It's great to have an extra bronzer with me that literally takes up no space while it's still a great one! I bought a Too Faced set at Sephora not too long ago and it contained the two gorgeous little ones in the picture, the Chocolate Soleil bronzer and the Better Than Sex mascara.


Which products do you take with you on vacation when you're traveling light, Let me know your recommendations in the comments!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

11 reacties

  1. I've just recently tried the Kiko Eyeshadow sticks and I am so amazed! They pigmentation is amazing and last for hours!

    Katya | The Beauty Harbour

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I use it all the time, couldn't live without it either ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. ah well I wish I was more into lip products so I could kee it minimal on the eyes as well, but I am such a sucker for eyeshadows ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I'm desperate to get my hands on Kiko as I've never tried this brand before despite all the raves about it! Personally, I would just take a favourite nude lipstick and my Maybelline FIT ME concealer if I was limited with makeup space. Cant leave the house without it! x


    bohorush.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I'm going to London overnight in September so I will definitely be referring to the tips in this post! I don't have many samples but I'm sure I have plenty of multi-purpose products if I get a bit creative ;) That palette looks gorgeous! xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. The Balm palette looks gorgeous! The mini bronzer and mascara are so handy! My trick is to bring minimal face and eyes makeup and many lip colours :)
    xo, Jessie | Bear and Berries

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. that's great! Yeah I have four, quite neutral colours, but I really want to add some more to my collection, they are stunning!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. I only have two right now so I'm curious to know what other colors I'd love to get :) I'll check it as soon as it pops on my feed! X

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Ah yes I went to Primark the other day to pick up those containers. So handy!


    I don't have a lot, but I'm going to take 05 and 39 with me. Tomorrow a "what's in my travel bag" post is going up so keep an eye out for that if you're interested! x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. I think you chose very wisely! The products seem amazing and it's always great to take multi purpose products with us! When I'm travelling I always buy those kits with mini containers to take my hair care stuff and skin care products too!


    What shades are you going to take of the Kiko eyeshadows? I'd love to know! Xx


    riitamacedo.blogspot.pt

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen