#NoteToSelf: guest post

10:00

Hey everyone!

Today I welcome the Portuguese Rita from the blog Riana on my Note To Self. She has been a loyal reader and commenter on my blog so I was delighted to receive her submission! Hope you enjoy!

Rita's own edit


“Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings and emotions.” – Will Smith

This is probably one of those quotes that means a lot to a lot of people. I’m no different. For a long time I was always afraid of what people would say if I did this or what people would think of me if I did that. Those thoughts can get you down so much that sometimes it’s hard to get yourself up again. I’m finally free of all that pressure caused by people that are not even my friends and don’t even care about me.
I’ve been blogging for more than a year now and only recently I was capable of sharing my blog on social media because I was so scared of what people might say about me. I’ve changed my mind. I have finally realised that I’m the one who has to worry about what I do and those who really like me will support me. The same thing happens to you all. Caring so much about what others will say or think about you isn’t healthy and you should be doing whatever you love and share it with whoever you want to because this is your life and you can only live it once so make sure you do it right and enjoy all the little moments. Surround yourself with people who have a good influence on you.


Blog:

Bloglovin':



Follow

You Might Also Like

16 reacties

  1. You are kind, Rita <3 Rai, we are here for you! If you ever need to talk, you know where to find me <3

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Charline is right! You can't get those negative words/actions get to you! Remember you're much more than that and you deserve respect like everybody else! You're amazing on your own way! <3 xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. oh man that sucks :( keep your head up <3

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Unfortunately we tried (even got HR and the Union involved) but they say they can't do anything. I will try and be strong and figure something out. Thanks for the love! x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Oh, Rai, so sad to hear that :( don't let her get to your head. Isn't there anyone you can talk to about this? She can't take advantage of having the power over you in a negative way... Lots of hugs! <3

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Actually really needed to hear this. I've recently been bullied at work by a supervisor and nothing can be done and the stress has made me overly anxious. Maybe I should pull back and not let her be the top thought in my mind. It may be scary but I have so much more wonderful things to think about instead of her sucking the energy out of me.
    xox

    Rai | www.raierinrose.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Oh girl, me too, believe me, only a hand full of people I know in real life, know about my blog, simply because they found out themselves. They are really supportive, because they know the community. I'm so scared of telling my parents and friends, so I found Rita's contribution today very inspiring ;) x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Wonderful post :) - I'm still relatively new to blogging myself, so I'm a bit worried about sharing x


    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Such a great post and so true we get so caught up in pleasing other people.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Thanks to Rita for coming up with this amazing quote!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. That quote definitely does hit you! Thanks for sharing this

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen