The Bloggers Made Me Buy It Pt. 2

10:00

Hey peeps!

So a long while ago I did a post called "the bloggers made me buy it" where I showed you all the purchases that were influenced by reading reviews, seeing tutorials on YouTube etc. Since then I added a whole lot to my make up collection, and of course a big chuck of those purchases were because of rave reviews and favourites posts on beauty blogs. This is everything I picked up over the last couple of months because of the blogging community!


Since I had been enjoying the Naked and Naked 2 palette from Urban Decay so much and I basically saw the Naked Basics palettes pop up on every blog, I decided I should have them in my collection as well. I've been liking them a lot so far, but I find it hard to wear them on their own. I think they come in handy for blending out edges or to pop in the crease with a shimmery shade, because they're matte. It's also a gorgeous one to put something on the lids when I'm wearing a black liner, just to even it out and give a bit of definition.

The Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow contour palette is one that everyone and their mum raves about and it never gets old. It's quickly become a classic, a must-have in your make up collection. Can you blame them? Look at that packaging! I did a full review on this one a while back which you can read HERE.

If there is one concealer a lot of YouTube girls have used in tutorials already, it's the Maybelline Anti-Age Eraser Eye. Everyone seems to be in two minds about the sponge applicator, but I think as long as I only use it underneath my eyes, there won't be a lot of bacteria catching on there. I mean, a doe-foot applicator works just the same if you think about it, and a lot of people put those on their spots and back into the tube as well. I think the sponge really spreads out the product evenly and lays a nice thin layer on my skin. I'm bummed that I could only choose between two shades, which both seemed quite dark. This one works okay for me now, but I think it won't when I'm paler in the winter months. In America there are lighter shades available, so Europe/Uk: please keep up, thank you very much!

Another concealer I've recently added to my collection - after a really long hunt in stores and online where my shade was always sold out - is the Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer. I was desperate to try it, because everyone kept saying how it doesn't cling to dry patches, has amazing coverage but doesn't feel heavy or cakey. I am so amazed by this product I haven't stopped using it since I got it! I'm still kind of in the testing-mode so I will keep you updated on that one!

The most reviewed foundation of the last 6 months must be the Nars Luminous Weightless foundation. I read a lot of mixed reviews on this one, but decided to get it anyways as it kept sounding promising for my skin type. I'm not going too much into detail on this one, I did a full review on it HERE, but in short: I was a bit disappointed with the application, I really had to search for a way so it would spread out evenly, and the shade actually might be a tad too dark for me as well, because it oxidises a lot during the day. I wish I would have gone for the Sheer Glow instead...

A great drugstore find I have used a lot the past few months is the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream. I don't think I need to say much about it, other than it has amazing coverage but still feels sort of light weight, applies beautifully and smells amazing too. You have seen me use it in numerous posts already and I just love it.

A while back I suddenly saw the Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner pop up in a few posts and I think even FleurDeForce mentioned it in a 5 under £5 video. I really wanted to try a gel eyeliner, but never really knew which one to try first. After seeing so many great opinions on it, I figured I might as well give it a shot. It applies really well, but I don't find it lasts me a whole day. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use this one. Maybe it's great underneath another liquid liner?

After reading a lot about the Hourglass Ambient Lighting blushes and not being able to get them where I live, I finally was able to swatch them back in London. I really took my time for this one, because it was so expensive! I didn't want to end up with a colour that didn't suit me. After being in SpaceNK for half an hour, holding up other customers, I finally decided to go for Luminous Flush. I have not regretted it in the slightest, this one gives me such a healthy glow and is great for my skin colour! Again, a full review on this one can be found HERE.

Last but not least, we have this very much talked about mascara. I was able to try out a mini of the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara in a very affordable kit before I picked up the full size. There was a Sephora right across our hotel in Barcelona so I took my time on this one. Later I found out this mascara became available for order in Belgium, in between the last time I checked and going to Barcelona. Good to know, for when I ever run out of this one! I've loved it ever since and it's a great one for going out (or if you're really careful and wipe off enough product, it's a great one for daytime as well, it separates the lashes beautifully). It's a good'un!


Which products did you buy because of the bloggers/vloggers? Let me know in the comments, I'd like to know more about it ;-)



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

20 reacties

  1. cult beauty classics, can't go wrong with them ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. thanks! yeah it's weird how reading some great reviews makes you want to buy everything!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I had been lusting after Charlotte Tilbury's products for ages when I finally bought this palette this summer. The quality is amazing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. oh thank you! I will be checking yours out as well x you blog looks lovely!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I have a huuuge list of products that I have bought because of bloggers/vloggers, some of them being the CC cream, mascara and concealer that you mentioned :) lovely idea for a post. x

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I though the Hourglass blushes were well worth the splurge too :) I loved both these concealers as well xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty | High-End Palette Giveaway

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. I'm always buying new makeup based on blog reviews I read, it's becoming such a bad habit! I really want to try the Charlotte Tilbury Bronze & Glow, I have yet to try any of her products and they all look so nice!

    xo, Liz

    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. I know right, all my money just flies out the door :( I love that concealer too, but I'm wondering if it will be light enough when I'm wearing a lighter foundation and when I'm paler in Winter. I wish they would make a lighter shade!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Love the idea of this post, Charline! Absolutely agree with you, esp on the palettes :)
    Btw, thanks for a follow on Bloglovin'. I will stay tuned with your new posts as well.
    Stop by, say hello ;)
    xox Nadia
    http://mielandmint.blogspot.co.uk/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. ahh, oh well :p I like talking about hyped up products because they're hyped up for a reason! ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Blogging makes me spend so much money! It's so hard to resist so many amazing products when you're reading about them every day! I recently bought the Maybelline Eye Eraser concealer and so far I've been so pleased. It's really brightening and such a lovely formula; perfect for the under eye area!

    Katya | The Beauty Harbour

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Seriously, every product I buy is a blogger/vlogger influenced purchase! Lots of these are on my wishlist though; naked concealer, HG blushes and CT bronze and glow! You're just adding to the blogger hype!! ;) haha

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. they do, I've not tried the actual powders yet because that's seems just a bit too ridiculous for that price, but I love the blush and bronzer!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. yeah I've been wearing my Hourglass blush a lot as well, it's sooo pretty!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. the hourglass ambient powders look gorgeous!xx


    http://www.perks0fbeingnazia.blogspot.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. Im in love with my Hourglass blush since picking it up, I wear it every day! Must try the CT flimstar B&G next, it sounds absolutely amazing!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. it is a good'un, you should definitely try it ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. I definitely want to check out the Bourjoir CC cream I have heard they are good

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  19. Great, now I need to go shopping again! Such perfect products!

    love, Sophie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen