Updated Skin Care Routine

10:00

Hey everyone!

Since last time I added some bits to my routine that have been really working for me and I'd like to share it with you!


Disclaimer: I have combination oily skin. I also suffer from hormonal acne a lot so when that is in the healing process, it creates dry patches, mostly on and around my nose and on my chin.

To start the day and give a good base for my make up I'll always start with the Clinique Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector. This one is a bit tinted so it will help conver up the dark circles, but it also has a flat metallic applicator so it de-puffs the designer bags under your eyes.

The daily moisturizer I'm using is the Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions All Over Clearing Treatment (oil-free). This one is great for oily skin types, the consistency is more like a gel at first but spreads out beautifully.

I usually start with taking of my make up with a make up wipe, just to get most of the make up off before going in with a cleansing soap. I'm always using my 3-step-program products from Clinique. The soap I'm using is the Clinique Liquid Facial Soap (oily skin formula). I mostly wet my face with a bit of water, then I put the soap on my Clinic Sonic System Purifying Cleansing brush (I'm using the blue one from the anti-blemish Solution line, that one is less harsh than the green one so it's less likely to scratch open the acne) and go around my face with it for one minute. I then clean everything off with wet face sponges.

I follow by Step 2 which is the Clinique Clarifying Lotion and I use number 3 for combination oily skin. I put it on a cotton pad and wipe it all over my face - not too close to the eyes though! For some people this one might be a bit harsh so I suggest if you want to give this one a go, start with number 2. I also suggest asking a sample to try out first; Clinique do a lot of samples of the 3-step-program.

To get the good moisture back into the skin at night I'll apply the Clinique Superrescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer. It helps the acne stay away and will purify the skin while you're sleeping. This one is also for combination to oily skin.

When I feel I'm going to break out and have those painful under-the-skin monsters, I'll put a coat of the Guerlain Crème Camphréa Anti-Blemish Care on the area. It'll prevent it from breaking out and it'll dry immediately. This stuff is like magic and a little comes a long way.

Sometimes I like to change it up and use the The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil to dry out the acne blemishes and reduce the redness.

 Lastly there's a facial scrub I'm using every week: the Clinique 7 day Scrub Cream. This is just a really gentle scrub that's very effective of getting the dirt out of your pores.


The only thing that's currently missing from my routine is a face mask. I have no clue which ones I should be using, any tips? Let me know in the comments and help a girl out here  ;)


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

10 reacties

  1. I love that scrub so much, it's so gentle on my skin yet so effective!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Yeah me too, I don't use it everyday but it reduces redness when I have a break out coming up ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I haven't tried much from Clinique but I do like the 7-day scrub :) I'm a fan of the Body Shop Tea Tree Oil overnight too xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Great post! I'd love to start trying out Clinique products they sound amazing! and The Body Shop Tea Tree oil sounds fab I'll have to try that as well haha:) I love skin care products!
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Love the Body Shop's Tea Tree oil, it's currently in my skincare arsenal as well and I use it from time to time. :-)

    Beauty Isles | Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette Giveaway

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Fab post I love Clinique! I actually really like their Anti Blemish face mask if you've not tried it? It's great for combo to oily skin :)


    Beth x
    www.bethany-georgina.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. I have never, thanks for the tip! ;) x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. My mom actually recommended it to me, she used to use it all the time when she was younger too. I really needed to find a range from one and the same brand to fix my skin. This routine is really gentle on me, yet so refreshing and works very well for me ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. I don't know why but I don't really use Clinique Skincare, I guess it's just so darn expensive to begin with. I may have to look into testing a few bits out though after reading this!

    Heather, Porcelain Beauty xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen