Crease Shadows

10:00

Hey everyone!

I don't have to tell you how much I love eyeshadows. To me it's always important to define the crease with an appropriate shade. These four are my absolute favourites for any occasion.



First up is the Kiko Infinity eyeshadow in the shade Satin Brick 210. It's a very warm brown - when swatched it almost looks like a red, hence the name "brick" - and I picked it up because it's a satin finish. I was actually looking for a matte shade like this, but the Kiko one is the closest I could find. Because it's not glittery at all, it's perfect to warm up the crease, especially if the colours you're using on the rest of the lid are already quite cold. I use this one a lot in Autumn!

Next we have a Mac eyeshadow in Coquette. This one is a lot colder in shade, it almost has an olive tone to it. I love using it with my other khaki eyeshadows. Again, this is matte, so perfect to put into the crease.

Moving on to the Urban Decay Naked palettes. In the original Naked palette we have the shade Buck, which is a dark beige colour that had a warm undertone. I use this one all day everyday, it literally works with every single colour you could ever imagine. It's a very natural shade so it really creates that shadow in the crease in a natural looking way. Again, it's completely matte, which I love to use with these very shimmery shades in the Naked palette! In the Naked 2 palette we have the shade called Tease, which is a matte taupey-grey colour. This one is great for creating colder toned looks and even works all over the lid, but I very much prefer it as a crease shadow. It almost has a hint of purple running through it. I love the look of this one on its own as well. I usually combine it with colder shades, like the silver ones in the palette.

Swatches:
Kiko 210 - Mac Coquette - Urban Decay Buck - Urban Decay Tease

What are your favourite crease colours to finish off a look, or to use on its own? Let me know in the comments!



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

17 reacties

  1. I love a nice subtle golden brown in the grease!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Mac is quite expensive though but I think you really get what you pay for ;) nonetheless I do love a good palette!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I have the Naked 1 palette and I hit pan on buck because I use too much, just shows how I love the eye shadow! Love matte eye shadow or darker shades for the crease.

    Miriam ♥ A whole lot of serendipity

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Ahh it's a great one isn't it? I think it's the one I use most in my Naked palette as well ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. very true I only had Naked 2 before so it was a good contrast x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. the naked 2 is my fave and i really want to try some from mac!


    www.avecdanielle.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Love the naked palettes just got the smokey one which has some great crease colours in it!


    www.MyBeautySleuth.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. ah well I'm doubting whether it's worth it... I mean, I already have Naked and Naked 2, plus I have so many other palettes... I don't know if I would use it all that much... ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. that palette never gets old right? I would still choose over all my other palettes!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Oh you should, it's such a good'un! Don't let it go to waste ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. I heard about that before, I used to do it all the time! It's a great way of instantly warming up your eyes ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. I love the naked palette! Such good choices x

    daniellelgreaves.blogspot.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. yeah I think that's what suits me best as well but as you can see I like to change it up ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. I have that Kiko eyeshadow but haven't actually used it before. Definitely going to give it a try later on! x


    www.jordanalice.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Ooh, really loving the look of the Kiko one! Weirdly, I've got into using a bronzer as a crease colour. I'm not sure how or why I came to trying it, but it's my favourite over any of my actual eyeshadows at the moment!

    Misia xx | gowashyourface.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. Matte shadows in the crease are a must! Love the look of the Kiko one - I've been obsessed with warm browns in and above the crease.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen