Drugstore Make Up Haul

10:00

Hey everyone!

Yes, I went shopping again. I guess it works therapeutic for me in these long days of stress. I've been on the look out for a new foundation and I'm getting into the berry lip trend for Autumn, so of course I had to pick up some bits.


The first thing I picked up is the new Bourjois Air MAT foundation that just released (well in Belgium at least). I picked it up in the lightest shade they sell over here which is 02 Vanilla. I don't know why they don't stock the lighter shade - which I'm sure exists, no one starts giving their products numbers at 02! - because it's too dark for my skin at the moment. I thought it would work because the undertone is quite yellow, but it oxidises throughout the day and gets a lot darker because of that. All my foundations start to look too dark all of a sudden and I have no idea why. This one is very matte, and the consistency is somewhere between the l'Oréal Infallible 24 Matte (which is a mousse) and the Nars All Day Luminous Weightless foundation (which is liquid). This one is also liquid, but not as water as the Nars one. It's very similar in finish to the Nars foundation and it does tend to cling to dry patches a bit. I'm mixing it in with lighter foundations anyways and it works well with a more dewy foundation.

Speaking of dewy foundations, I picked up the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation in 010 Light Porcelain because it's the only shade this light I can find at the drugstore. It's a bit too light for me but I love mixing it in with all my other foundations to create the perfect shade in between. I really love the finish of this one, but I do have to set it with powder.

By now I almost own every Maybelline Color Tattoo because they are just so damn good! Sometime, however, I want to use it as a base but I don't want it to have any colour. That's why I was so excited this one launched recently! The Crème De Rose 91 shade is perfect for evening out my eyelids to get rid of any veins and is completely matte. It's also perfect if you want to keep the eyes very light and fresh, something I couldn't do with most of the Color Tattoos I already owned.

Onto lips! I picked up Mac Sin recently and really needed a lip liner to go with that. A berry lipstick is always quite difficult to apply without smudging so a lip liner comes in handy. No I didn't spend my money on a Mac lip liner, although I might do that very soon, but I went for the only ones I've owned so far and I know I'm quite happy with. I picked up the Bourjois Contour Edition lipliners in 07 Cherry Boom Boom (red) and 09 Plum it up! (dark purple shade). That second one is perfect for berry looks, the first one is just a true red that can also be used to give it more of a red undertone.

Last thing I picked up - finally! - is the Rimmel Kate lipstick in 107, a gorgeous red berry shade. This one is perfect for Autumn. It's a matte finish so it last a very long time. I wore it for a whole day recently and only had to touch up after eating lunch. It did dry out my lips a lot, applying a second coat. Maybe I shouldn't do that anymore and only wear it for an evening or so.


What have you been picking up recently? Let me know in the comments!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties