Halloweek: Fawn Make Up Look

10:00

Hello peeps!

It's the second installment of my Halloween looks for this week. If you missed yesterday's post, it's a galactic eye look, you might want to check that one out as well!

Today I'm showing you a fawn make up look that you can easily create with make up you probably already have laying around in your collection. The key to this look is a black and a white kohl pencil and a lot of orange toned bronzer! See how I achieved this look down below.




Products used:
Bourjois Sun Illusion in 71 fair
The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 03
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Radiant Bronze Light
Mac Kohl Pencil in Feline (black)
Mac Kohl Pencil in Fascinating (white)
Urban Decay Naked 2 palette - Blackout eyeshadow

After doing my regular make up routine - foundation, concealer and powder, then filling in my brows quite heavily - I went in with the Bourjois Sun Illusion first. I have the fairest shade so it took me a while to build it up, but I love how the colour looks after doing that and it's such a great product. I love the finish of it as well, it looks matte but because it's a mousse, it's not cakey looking. It's the perfect orange toned shade to do this look. I put it right underneath my cheekbones, blended it upwards and then took it all around my forehead and my temples. I brought it to my nose a little bit as well. Then I set it down with the Honey Bronzer from The Body Shop. This one is matte as well and intensifies the colour even more. Because I wanted it to have a little bit of shimmer as well I slightly went over everthing with my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer.

Then I coloured in the bridge of my nose. I drew the line where the black one would come later with a light brown pencil first, just so I knew where to stop putting white pencil. It took me a whole while to build up that white colour. I suggest to buy a cheap white kohl pencil so you can heat it up with your hairdryer so it has more pigment. I didn't want to ruin my whole Mac kohl pencil in Fascinating so I didn't do that, obviously, but if you want the contrast to be even more intense, that's one way to achieve it. I also took it underneath my lower lash line, brought it down in the inner corners and winged it out on the outer corners. Then with my Mac kohl pencil in Feline I coloured in the whole lower part of my nose - I have no idea what it's called but you can see on the pictures what I mean) and drew a black line all around the bridge of my nose, connecting it to my brows. I did a sort of cat eye on the inner corners to make it more animal-like, staying right on top of that white liner. I winged it out at the endss, again, right on top of that white liner.

I'm not too shure about the black line underneath the white liner on my lower lash lines, I think it could be done better but I just wasn't sure how to do it and didn't want to ruin it by taking it too far down - that would mean I had to start all over again. The point is to make the white liner look as if it's part of the whites of your eyes, then making a new "end" to your eyes. I think it's trial and error here.

I set down the black liner on my eyes with Urban Decay's Blackout eyeshadow, which is a matte black. The kohl liner tends to transfer really quickly, especially if you just applied it, so to prevent that, I set it down. If you have hooded eyes, you will know what I'm talking about - it's not a good look!

I was so caught up into the whole liner thing that I forgot to put on mascara. I think it doesn't really matter if you're wearing this much black liner, but if you want to, you can put on some falsies to make it a bit girlier. The finishing touch is putting some white dots all over the bronze parts off your face and TADA! If you have a hairband with antlers, that would make the look even more complete! If you want to DIY, here's a tutorial on Lauren Conrad's blog.

I didn't really put anything on my lips other than some lipbalm. I'd combine a nude lipstick if you're going to wear any at all, the lips aren't really the focus of this look. It's all about the eyes and the face!

The finished look:





Honestly this is probably one of my favourite looks I've ever done. And it was so easy to achieve with products I already had. Let me know what you think about it!



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties