Halloweek: Porcelain/Ventriloquist Doll Make Up Look

10:00

Hey everyone!

So this final halloween look is inspired by a porcelain doll, giving my own little twist on it by making it look like a ventriloquist. I know I messed up the red lipstick but I only saw it after editing them on my laptop, so let's all ignore that part ;-)

This one is not too all-out so if you're not comfortable dressing up for halloween, this one would be perfect (or if you want to go extreme non-halloween you can always check out my Sims look). If you have long hair you can curl it or plat your pig tails, you can even tie a bow around your head. It's all up to you!



For my base I used the palest products I could find, starting with the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation in Light Porcelain. Because I was having a horrible break out I needed lots of concealer as well so I popped out the Maybelline Fit Me concealer in 15 and the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in Light where I needed a lot of coverage and underneath my eyes. I powdered everything down with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder.

Like a porcelain doll I went all the way with the blush so I put the Bourjois Cream Blush in Sweet Cherry on my cheeks as a base, then followed up with Mac Melba and concentrated on the very apples of my cheeks. I tried to bring a little bit of highlight back into the look - since I powdered everything to a matte finish and used two matte blushes - and applied the The Balm Cindy-Lou Manizer on my cheekbones, nose, chin and forehead.


I kept the eyebrows simple with my Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Taupe. Then I took my Urban Decay Naked Basics palette to give a little bit of definition to the eyes. I applied Naked2 all over the lid with a fluffy brush, Faint in the crease with an angled liner brush and blended it out with a regular crease brush. With the same angles liner brush I gently pressed Crave onto the lash line. I didn't want to go all out with a liquid liner but wanted to give the lashes a bit more definition, so using a black (or in this case very very dark brown) eyeshadow is a good option.

Then I took my white Mac Kohl pencil in the shade Fascinating and lined my waterline with it, to make my eyes bigger and brighter, like a doll. For that extra doll-like eye look I used the Maybelline Master Duo liquid liner. It has a flat tip which means you can draw a thin or a thick line quite precisely. With the thick side I drew tiny little lines - almost dots - underneath the lower lash line. Then I seriously curled my lashes and applied the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara. At this point you might want to pop out fake lashes - the fakest you can find - to resemble the ones on dolls. I don't own any fake lashes and never ever use them so I didn't include them in this look, but if you have them and love them, then definitely go with them!

On my lips I used the Bourjois Contour Edition lip liner in Cherry Boom Boom and the Essence Long Lasting Lipstick in Dare to Wear. You can also go with a very light nude, depends on which kind of doll you have in mind ;-)

You can leave it here, which will result in this look. (Warning: I was practicing my creepy doll-eyes!)





If you want to take it up a little notch and make it look like a ventriloquist dool then you might add the following. I used my Mac Technakohl Liner in Earthline for this. I decided to not go for a black one, I thought that would look a little too fake and harsh. It's just a little touch that makes it look a little more halloween-y.


I wish blush would catch on camera a lot better, I added loads but it still looks quite normal in te photos. Oh well, you get the idea, I guess.


Let me know what you think and what your favourite look out of all four was this week. If you decide to recreate any of these looks, do let me know on twitter @charline_st or instagram @charlineofficial!




Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties