Meet The Manizer Sisters: Mary-, Cindy- & Betty-Lou

10:00

Hey everyone!

Some of you may already know it but I finally have all three of the Manizer Sisters in my collection!
I was so excited to be able to call all three mine, until I saw The Balm was bringing out a complete palette with all three of the shades in it. Well then I think it's just the right time for me to show you all three shades - you might want to check that little palette out if you're lusting after these, I bet it's a bargain compared to buying all three full-sizes like me, which you'll never ever use up. Ever.

Anyways, enough rambling, let's move on to a rundown with some swatches, shall we?

If you're not familiar with the brand The Balm, basically it's a bit like Benefit with their quirky, vintage-looking packaging, but I think The Balm is more affordable than Benefit. I love both brands though.

The Mary-Lou Manizer has been very much hyped up in the blogger and vlogger community. No wonder since it's a gorgeous highlighter! It's very much out there so it might not be for you if you're looking for a very subtle one, although if you use a really light hand and the right brush, it might work for an everyday look. I think this particular shade works well for a lot of skin tones. I was afraid it would be too dark for me but it's not! It looks paler on the skin than it looks in the pan. - oh, I'm sorry about the state my Mary-Lou is in. I dropped it on the floor a while back and it broke into a million pieces. Try getting highlighter out of your carpet, good luck with that! You have to be really careful with these products, as the consistency is very soft and creamy which makes it very fragile. Don't say I didn't warn you!


After liking the Mary-Lou Manizer so much I was very intrigued with the two lesser known sisters of the trio. They are a blush and a bronzer. I never ever use Cindy-Lou as a blush. I might if I was even paler, but I think it's so pale, it even works as a very subtle highlighter for me. If I want there to be a little something on my cheeks, I'll just pop this one on. It's not as glittery as Mary-Lou, it rather gives a healthy looking glow. SO: recommended as a blush if you're very pale, recommended as a great everyday highlighter if you're more tanned.

Recently I picked up Betty-Lou, a bronzer that might work as a highlighter for dark skin tones because it has that golden sheen to it, but is very much a bronzer for me. I remember trying out the Hourglass Ambient Lighting bronzer for the first time and thinking "this will only ever work for night looks" because it's quite glowy and out there. This one is kind of similar, in my opinion. It's very very pigmented - unlike her sister Cindy - so a light hand is recommended with this one! I really like it nonetheless and I feel like it will be a staple in my Muji-drawer!

Some swatches:


Have you tried any of the three Manizers? What do you think of them? Would you consider buying all three / the palette ? Let me know in the comments below!



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties