#NoteToSelf: guest post

10:00

Hey everybody!

Today it's Sophie's turn to contribute to #NoteToSelf. She runs a wonderful blog called Sophienderella. Today she picked a quote straight out of Harry Potter - could I be more excited? I think not. Have a read to see what she has to say about it!

Sophie's own edit



“Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” – Albus Dumbledore
  
When Charline so kindly asked me if I wanted to write one of her Note To Self posts, so many different quotes and sayings by various, great people came to my mind, and yet I chose one from a fictional character.  Nevertheless, one of the wisest and most inspiring characters I know.

For me, this quote has so many meanings. I found myself in so many situations, which this quote applies to, and whenever I thought of it, it just made me smile.

It shows that whatever the situation we are in might be like, however big the problem is, there is always something we can do about it. We are never exposed to a scenario we are completely helpless in. This doesn’t mean we can always change what is going on, or stop things from happening. What we do have is the decision of how we let those things affect ourselves, and this is something really special we shouldn’t ever forget.

Thinking positive isn’t the only decision we can make. Having the heart to be oneself, just the way you want to be, is another one of those decisions. Acting in a way others want you to behave will affect your psyche really badly after time and you are very likely to fall into a whole of darkness. Same thing goes for speaking up when something is bothering you! You can actually decide between telling people about your problem and changing it, or just sit still and hope it will pass quickly. I know, speaking up can require a lot of courage at times, it will however get easier and you will feel relieved instantly.

So to remember to turn on a light can be us remembering to think more positive, to voice our opinion and to stay true to ourselves. And even if it seems impossible at times, we just need to remember how to live without worrying so much, as we seem to forget this so often.  

Everybody deserves to find happiness.



Blog:

Bloglovin':




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties