Rimmel Match Perfection: review

10:00

Hey everyone!

It's been ages since I did a proper review. I always like to read reviews on foundation because those can really be a hit or miss. I picked up the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation a month or so ago and I think I have my opinion ready for you. Let's see how I get on with it!

 The main reason I picked this one up at the drugstore is because I had the feeling all my foundations are suddenly way too dark for me. I wanted to buy a very light shade of foundation to mix in with the others, but man, was that hard! I had no idea how little fair foundations there exist in our drugstores. This is literally the only one I found that's this fair. The shade is called 010 Light Porcelain, which is probably just a little too fair for me on it's own, but perfect to mix in with my other foundations to lighten them up a bit. I think the undertone in this foundation shade is perfect for me though.

The consistency is liquid, but not runny in any way. It's easy to apply and I love that it has a pump. I normally need 1,5 to 2 pumps to cover my whole face with it, but I mix in just one pump with another foundation. Apart from that, I feel like I need quite a lot to achieve the right amount of coverage. I'd say the coverage is medium but buildable which is a great plus! I find it can cling to dry skin a little bit though, but with the right brush that should be fine.

Something I'm very conscious about is the scent of make up products. I love when they smell nice and this one really does. It doesn't have a strong smell to it, just a nice and fresh scent.


Now, a little downside to this one for me: it's definitely not a great one for oily skin. I have combination skin, so I do get away with it sometimes. It does shift around the face during the day if you get oily, which I often do in the T-zone. It doesn't look all that pretty with the oils on the skin. I find powdering it down a lot when first applied and re-powdering somewhere in the middle of the day helps. I love my Rimmel Stay Matte powder for that and find they work well together.

Overall I'm quite happy I got this one, mainly because of the shade selection. I'm sure a lot of drugstore foundations have a light foundation like this one, but they just don't sell those here in Belgium. I've tried a lot of drugstore foundations lately and I'm quite put off with them because of the shade selection in my country; I can't wear any of them on a normal day, just because of that reason.


If you like reading foundation reviews, I might do a couple more since I have a few new ones laying around in my make up collection. Would you be interested in that? Let me know in the comments!

Also: have you tried this foundation? How did you get on with it?



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties