Another New Year's Eve Make Up Look

10:00

Hey everyone!

Two days ago I showed you a smokey glittery make up look suitable for NYE. Today I wanted to go a bit more colourful with my Urban Decay Vice 4 palette and create another party-proof make up look.

I'm not going into detail about my base routine and my eyebrows, I basically do the same thing every time. The focus is on the eyes, cheeks and lips today!

So for this look I actually started with the eyeshadow for once. I remembered the glittery shades in the Urban Decay Vice 4 palette having a bit of fallout, especially when you try to really pack it on, so I knew I would want to clean up after applying it. I also put some tape along my lower lashline up to the browbone to create a sharper edge, something else I never do! There's a first for everything, I guess.

Enough with the rambling, now onto the actual eyeshadows.

After priming my eyelids with the Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base I started packing on the shade Harlot on the entire eyelid. This is the lilac shade at the end of the second row, it creates the perfect base for any purple toned look. Then I went in with the shade next to it called Underhand, a warm purple aubergine shade. I put this on the outer corners and into the crease to darken up the whole look a bit. To finish off the upper eyelid I took that dark purple glittery shade in the right upper corner of the palette called Pandemonium and put that in the outer V, taking it along the lash line as well. After taking off the tape I took a little precise brush and took the bright fuchsia shade called 1985 all along the lower lash line. I love me a bit of colour on the lower lash line and this way they will be noticeable at all times (because my eyes are a bit hooded).

For the inner corner highlight I used Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft&Gentle. I recently purchased this and it's SO beautiful... I thought it would be a bit more for everyday but it's actually rather sparkly. Perfect for this time of year!

I did a jet black matte eyeliner with my favourite one, The Balm Schwing, and I'm not doing a wing this time. You totally could because that would be amazing! I actually did this look on Christmas Eve and didn't want to do too over the top for the occasion, but maybe for going out I would have done a massive wing. On the waterline I applied The Balm Mr. Write Now in Vince B. Charcoal, a matte grey eyeliner. Then I curled my lashes and coated them with the l'Oréal False Lash Superstar mascara - first the primer, then the actual black mascara.

Then I applied my face primer, foundation, concealers and powder and did my brows. After that I did a bit of contour with Benefit Hoola, and the way I like to apply this recently is I take it on a small contour brush and put on a straight line right underneath my cheekbones, as if I were contouring with a cream product. then I take a big fluffy powder brush and blend everything out. I bronzed up the rest of my skin with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Radiant Bronze Light. For blush I used one that's very natural - because the eyes are the main part of the look I didn't want to go overboard with the colour on the cheeks - so I used the Kiko Rebel Bouncy cream blush in Velvety Peach. Although the highlighter doesn't show up all that much on the pictures (again, I have no idea how to catch it on camera...) I went totally cray with the Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft&Gentle. I put it on top of the cheekbones, on the bridge and tip of my nose, on the cupid's bow and a little bit on my chin - but not too much.

To finish off the look I applied the Too Faced La Crème lipstick in Naked Dolly. I like to keep it nude on the lips for going out so when it fades it doesn't look silly. We've all been there.

I know the pictures aren't fancy looking, with me still wearing my hoodie, but hey... ;-)




I wanted to show my nail polish combination: the dark navy metallic shade is Essie Midnight Cami and the glittery one is Essie Summit Of Style.


Hope you all have a wonderful NYE tomorrow!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties