Birthday Make Up Menu

10:00

Hey everyone!

Last week was my 22nd birthday and I celebrated it this weekend. I'm kind of obsessed with the make up look I created; most of all it's completely wearable: smoky, yet with a bit of glam to it, but no crazy colours involved. Hope you like it!




I started my base with my new Chanel Perfection Lumière Velvet foundation that I picked up in the shades 12 Beige Doré and 20 Beige. These are the two lightest shades they sell here in Belgium and I'm right in between them, so I picked them up both so I could mix. I love the finish of this; out of experience I know the dewy finish look is just not for my oily-combination skin. This foundation has medium coverage - it's quite watery so it would never be full coverage - but it's buildable to the point where most of the redness is gone but pimples are still showing. I'm already loving it a lot! Who would like a review on this one? Let me know if you do ;-)

To cover up the blemishes I used the Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer in Light Neutral. To cover up the dark circles and brighten up my under eye are I used the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit in Ivory. I like to apply this with my fingers, I think it's the best way for this particular concealer. Then I set it with the yellow powder that's included in the kit.

Before powdering my face slightly with the Bourjois Healthy Balance powder in 52 Vanilla I warmed up the skin with the Bourjois Sun Illusion bronzing mousse in 71 Fair. I applied this where I would normally contour, although this is a bit too orange for an actual contour, but I just warmed up the complexion with it, nothing too harsh. I wasn't going for the whole strong contour look. Then I took my The Body Shop Honey Bronzer to tie the look together, going over the places I put the Sun Illusion bronzer, down my neck and my jaw line as well.

Because I knew I was going to go for dark, intense eyeshadows I wanted to keep the colour on my cheeks quite neutral and light, but still wanted to give it that bit of glow, so I used the The Balm Cindy-Lou Manizer for this. This blush is quite pale, but shows up as an actual blush on my skin at the moment. When I'm tanned it's more of a subtle highlighter, but right now I couldn't pull that off.

For brows I used the Anastasia Brow Wiz in Taupe to fill in the sparse areas, I made them a bit darker with some of the eyeshadows in the Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 palette and set it with the Anastasia Clear Brow Gel.

Now onto the fun part!

After priming my eyes with the Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base I put on the Givenchy Ombre Couture cream eyeshadow in 02 Beige Mousseline as a base colour for the look. This is an orange terracotta colour with a bit of glitter in it, which would match the following powder eyeshadows very well.

I took my rather new Urban Decay Vice 4 palette (which you will probably see loads on my blog in the next few months because I'm obsessed!) and used 3 shadows from the last row in the palette: the matte brick colour called Bitter, the orangey sparkly eyeshadow next to it called Flame and the matte/satin dark chocolate brown shade called Delete.

It's quite an easy look, really. I put Bitter all over the lid, then put Delete in the crease and finished with Flame on top on the mobile lid. I also took a smudging brush and ran Bitter all over the lower lash line and Delete on the outer third of the lower lash line, to give it that smoky look.

I drew quite an intense winged liner - intense for ME, that is - with the l'Oréal Super Liner Perfect Slim, one of my favourite felt tip liners, and finished the eye look with a coat of Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara, focussing on the roots of the lashes to give it lots of volume which is how this mascara works best for me.

I wanted to keep the lips quite neutral against the dark eye but still wanted to give them a hint of orange/brown, so I finished the look with the Bourjois Contour Edition lip liner in the shade 08 Corail Aie Aie and the Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm.






I'm absolutely obsessed with this colour combination and I think it's so great for Autumn and Winter. I'll definitely be wearing this look more from now on!

What do you think? Let me know in the comments.



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties