Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit: review

10:00

Hey everyone!

It's me again, with another review. I love doing this kind of in-depth review style posts, I feel like if I've tried a product for a little while and I can give you the pro's and the con's, it's beneficial for everyone if I do a proper review on it. 9/10 chance the product I'll be reviewing is one I'm really liking at the moment, and today is no exception.



I recently decided to try the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit in the shade Ivory. This contains the concealer in this shade, plus the Pale Yellow powder to set the concealer in place. I'm so bad with prices, but I reckon I payed €28 for it.

I love the sleek packaging on this, it's tiny and fits into your make up bag very easily. I also love that there is a setting powder included with this concealer that really complements the shade of the concealer. I chose a shade that's a bit lighter than my skin tone because I would probably only use it as an under eye concealer anyways. That way it would conceal and brighten up at the same time. The salmony undertone in the concealer cancels out the blue tones underneath my eyes, while the yellow powder brightens up the entire area.

The consistency of the concealer is rather thick and creamy with a medium to full coverage. It has great coverage for under the eyes, but won't conceal an entire red spot on my face. I've tried to use it on my acne scarring and break outs but I don't think this concealer is ideal for that purpose; I prefer more lightweight formulas with a perfect coverage on my blemishes, like the Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer.

I think it stays on very well, but tends to crease just the tiniest bit if I'm wearing it for a whole day. I have a few fine lines underneath my eyes - you know those little laughter lines? Concealer always tends to get in there during the day. I think if I let the concealer sink in a bit before setting it with the powder, it will stay flawless for a longer time.

I had never tried a concealer that was supposed to be applied with your fingers. Normally I go for doe-foot applicators, recently I have been using the Maybelline Eraser Eye with the sponge applicator as well, and I always buff them in with a concealer buffer. I feel that with this concealer it's ideal to warm it up with your fingers and really dab it in and spread it out. That way you won't apply too much of it, which could cause it to get cakey.

I use my Real Techniques Setting Brush to apply the powder on top. This one is finely milled and perfect for the under eye area. I love yellow toned powders for brightening up this area, it gives me a flawless and awake look without looking as if I'm wearing a lot of make up.

Swatches: Ivory concealer, Pale Yellow powder

Overall I'm quite happy with this product considering the price, the quality is great and it's a very handy kit to take with me on travels and stuff. I'm not sure how long it's going to last me, but you really only need a tiny amount to cover my two under eyes, and since I don't use it anywhere else on my face I think I can get a lot of uses out of this product. I'll definitely keep you updated!


Have you tried this product, or a similar one to this before? How did you get on with it? Let me know in the comments!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties