Favourite Winter Reds & Berries | Guest Post by Sophienderella

10:00

Hey everyone!

Today Sophienderella is taking over my blog. I'm really lacking on the lipstick-department, so she is totally filling in the gaps for me with her guest post. She is showing you her favourite winter red and berry lipstick shades.


Winter for me is the ultimate excuse to wear all of my beloved red and berry lipsticks (to be honest, I also like to wear them during summer and spring, however, in winter, people don’t really think I´m crazy for wearing something as dark as MAC Diva during the day). And since winter and also Christmas is right around the corner (finally!) I thought I would share my favourite reds and berries for this season with all of you.

I will start off with a lipstick that I have been obsessed with over the last couple of weeks: it is KIKO’s Intensely Lavish Lipstick in the shade 06 Melodious Wine. As all of the products from their Rebel Romantics collection, this lipstick has a gorgeous packaging. The gold and also the magnetic cap give it an elegant look and feel. The product itself has such a beautiful texture and formula. While it is really creamy and thus easy to apply, it stays on your lips and doesn’t go anywhere. It also lasts for hours and I hardly have to reapply when wearing it. Coming with this lipstick, KIKO also brought out a lip liner in the same shade. It works perfectly in combination with the lipstick, but I also really like to wear the lip liner on its own.

I know some people really like a bright lip (I certainly do), however, some don’t really feel like wearing a pure, bright red. But don’t you worry, I still got you covered! For all of those who would like to have a little bit of a pink toned lip colour, I highly recommend this Sephora Cream Lip Stain in the shade 03. The formula of it is wonderful and makes it perfectly easy to apply. And can we just take a second and talk about its staying power? It is mind blowing. I picked this up when I was in Rome this year and when applying it in the morning I was pretty convinced that after a whole, long day of sight seeing, eating delicious Italian food and just being in the heat all day (it was 40 degrees Celsius!) my lipstick would be gone. How wrong I was. In the evening, it was still perfect, looking exactly the same as in the morning, without reapplying it even once. Clearly a miracle if you ask me!

My go to berry toned lip product is the Maybelline Colour Drama in the shade 310 Berry Much. This colour is hands down one of my absolute favourites. And besides its dark, berry colour, its staying power and the easy application, there is one thing I love even more about it: the smell! It honestly smells like a whole basket of freshly picked berries. Not only once I was tempted to try and have a bite, but, you know, eating a whole lipstick can hardly be very healthy for you, can it?

And last, but certainly not least, I have to talk about my all time favourite lipstick ever (again). It was actually my first MAC lipstick if I remember right: MAC Diva. This is one of the most beautiful red lipsticks I have ever seen and worn. It is really dark and has that slight purple undertone, rather than an orange one. I also feel like this shade would fit a lot of people really nicely, even though it is quite a dark and prominent one to wear. But taking this bit of courage to wear it out is absolutely worth it in my opinion!


Have you tried any of these lip products before? How did you like them, and, are there any other favourites of yours for this time of the year? Let me know!


Lots of Love, 
Sophienderella



Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties