Make Up Series: #9 Cream Eyeshadows

10:00

Hey everyone!

Today's another installment of my Make Up Series. Let's have a look at my cream shadow sticks and pots collection.

If you have missed any of the previous episodes, you can read them here:

#1 Eyeliners / #2 Mascaras / #3 Concealers / #4 Blushes / #5 Highlighters #6 Eyeshadow Palettes / #7 Bronzers / #8 Single Eyeshadows


Chanel Illusion d'Ombre - 82 Emerveillé
This is a gorgeous metallic rose gold shade. The consistency of this one is very interesting, it feels more like a mousse. It has amazing staying power.

Kiko Cream Crush Lasting Colour Eyeshadow - 10 Pearly Apricot
As the name suggests: a pinky apricot colour. I really don't use this one a lot but it's a nice one to have for summer. I'm actually getting more into rosy eyeshadow shades lately so I'm going to try and use it more often. Again, this feels more like a mousse than it is a cream shadow. It has quite the pay off for such little money.

Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow - My Two Cents
This shadow is a dream to apply! Sticking with the more mousse-like texture here, this is a beautiful golden bronze shade which stays put all day.

YSL Full Metal Shadow - 05 Steamy Coral
This is the first liquid eye-tint I tried, and I picked it up recently, my enabler being Suzie from HelloOctoberxo. This coppery/coral metallic shade is a great colour for autumn and spring.

Givenchy Cream Eyeshadow Ombre Couture - Beige Mousseline
The last one in the mousse category is this gorgeous terracotta matte shade with a bit of glitter in it. Unfortunately I forgot to include it in the pictures and the swatches, but I did a post in the past all about this shade, which you can read here.

Swatches: Chanel Emerveillé, Kiko 10 Pearly Apricot, Benefit My Two Cents, YSL 05 Steamy Coral


If you're a frequent reader of my blog you know the size of my obsession with Maybelline Color Tattoos. IT'S BIG AND IT'S REAL. I own a few mattes and mostly metallic finishes. They are an actual cream shadow and when they set, they don't go anywhere. Pigmentation is on point, and the amount of shades available is insane, especially in the US. In this picture we have Creamy Beige, a matte taupey brown colour, Chocolate Suede, a dark chocolate brown metallic colour, On and On Bronze, probably the most popular of them all with it's gorgeous bronze metallic finish, and Crème de Rose, a beautiful nude base shade.

Swatches: Maybelline Color Tattoos in Creamy Beige, Chocolate Suede, On and On Bronze, Crème De Rose


The second batch of Maybelline Color Tattoos with the shades Eternal Gold, a glittery yellow golden shade, Vintage Plum, a matte plum colour, Pink Gold, an almost rose gold pink metallic shade, Metallic Pomegranate, a gorgeous burgundy colour, and Everlasting Navy, a true blue navy metallic shade. This last one is the only one I think applies rather patchy in colour.

Swatches: Maybelline Color Tattoos in Eternal Gold, Vintage Plum, Pink Gold, Metallic Pomegranate, Everlasting Navy


Moving onto the cream shadow sticks. I'm quite obsessed with these ever since I discovered them. They are so handy and quick to use. The Kiko Long Lasting Sticks are a stunner in this category, with the shade 05 being a perfect dupe for one of the By Terry ones in Misty Rock. The others are (from left to right) shade 21 a peachy matte, 28 a glittery cream colour, 37 a satin finish burgundy shade and 39 a purpley brown.

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick - Sunlight Gold
A very - very! - glittery champagne shade that's perfect for the festive season. Amazing staying power, the only thing about it is that the glitter literally goes everywhere.

Swatches: Kiko 05, 21, 28, 37, 39, Bobbi Brown Sunlight Gold 


Rimmel Kate Eyeshadow Stick - Pure Turquoise, Rose Gold
These two Ive used quite a lot over the past year as they kind of look all battered. I love the turquoise one for putting on my lower lash line for a pop of colour, the Rose Gold copper shade is more for an everyday lid shade that looks great on its own.

HEMA Double Wear Waterproof Eye pencil - green
I'm not entirely sure about the waterproof-part of this product, but what I do know is that it's a gorgeous metallic khaki shade. I'm a big fan of shades like this. The formula is very creamy and actually quite similar to the Rimmel ones.

Bourjois Colorband - Mauve Baroque
In all honesty I am not a major fan of this one. Maybe it's just the colour that doesn't really suit me, but the texture of this one is quite hard to blend and to get the right pigmentation out of. I'm sure the bronze shades in this range are a lot creamier than this lilac one.

Kiko Creamy Touch eyeshadow duo - 103
This was a limited edition item from their 2015 summer collection. I was so intrigued by the gold packaging that I couldn't resist. I love turquoise colours for summer and you can never go wrong with a deep brown shade.

Swatches: Rimmel Pure Turquoise, Rose Gold, Hema green, Bourjois Mauve Baroque, Kiko 103 turquoise end, brown end


e.l.f. Eyeliner & Shadow Stick - Brown&Basic*
I received this one a while back to create a summer look on my blog, but with shades like this you can never really go wrong. The "basic" end is a gorgeous bronzey gold shade that's so different to everything else I have in my collection. The other end is a regular twist-up brown eyeliner.

Maxfactor Smoky Effect Eyeshadow - Onyx Smoke
Back in the days when I started make up, I used to have a lot of these and used them all the time. I wasn't all that great at doing eyeshadow yet, and these were just so quick and easy to create a gorgeous smokey look with. The shape of the darker shade end is just so very easy to go really close to the lash line without having an actual line. I recently threw most of them out because I wasn't using them anymore or I had better options for the same shades now, but I decided to keep this pearly white and silvery black one, just in case.

Swatches: e.l.f. basic, brown, Maxfactor pearl, black

I actually thought I didn't have that much cream shadows before I did this post. Could it be I seriously have a problem with hoarding eyeshadows?



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties