New Year's Eve Make Up Look

10:00

Hey everyone!

Now let's get a bit festive here, okay? NYE is the time to get the glitter out! I really wish it would transfer on camera better than it did now, but we'll just roll with it, right? Also my editing skills aren't great enough for only trying to make the colour on the eyes pop without washing out the rest of the photo, so just imagine 5x the amount of colour and glitter and we're on the same page.



I started priming my face with the Benefit The POREfessional primer to make the pores disappear so I could go in with a dewier foundation. I used the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation in the shade 51 Vanilla Clair. To hide the redness and blemishes I used my trusty Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in the shade Fair. Underneath my eyes I used the Maybelline Eraser Eye in Light and the YSL Touche Eclat in 2. I set my under eye concealer with the Bourjois Java Rice powder.

Then I went in with The Balm's Balm Desert bronzer for contour. This is the perfect shade for me at the moment for a stronger contour; it's there and really not so subtle, but blendable. To bronze up the rest of my face I used the The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 3. I highlighted the cheekbones, bridge of my nose and cupid's bow with the Benefit Watt's Up highlighter. It doesn't really show up as much on the pictures, but I promise I put on loads! For a pop of colour on the cheeks I applied the The Balm Fratboy blush. To set everything down I used the Nyx Matte Finish Long Lasting Setting Spray.

Then I filled in and shaped my brows with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Taupe and set that down with some of the shades in the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. To keep them in place all night I went over them with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel.

I primed my eyelids with the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden. Then I went in with the Kiko Long Lasting Stick in the shade 28; a pale nude matte shade with heaps of glitter in it. It's a great base for the sparkly look! Then I packed on tons of eyeshadow to create a dark smoky base for the glitter. For this I used the l'Oréal Color Riche mono eyeshadow in Lumière 502 Quartz Fumé. It's a browny purply shade that I find very party appropriate and suits a lot of different eye colours. I put this all over the lid, blended it out in the crease, then went over it again with some Mac Fix+ to intensify the colour. I also took it along the lower lash line. After putting on the Mac Pigment in Melon on the upper lid, a sparkly orangey gold, concentrating on the very centre of the lid and blending it out towards the inner and outer corners, I went back in with the darker shade to bring back that darkness around the glitter.

I popped a bit of The Balm's Mary Lou-Manizer in the inner corners to lighten everything up and put on a coat of the l'Oréal Telescopic mascara on top and bottom lashes. To finish off the look I put on a coat of Maybelline Color Elixir in 725 Caramel Infused on the lips. This is great because it's a nude shade and it's a gloss, so it won't fade patchy but rather just disappear. I never go for bolder lip colours when I go out because it can look rather silly - if not embarrassing - if they fade in a patchy way. I'd rather look like I have nothing at all on my lips. I also thought this added a bit of warmth to the whole look.





As I said, imagine the glittery pigment x5 so it's really party-proof! What do you think of this smoky NYE look? Let me know in the comments! In two days there will be another, more colourful look on the blog so keep your eyes peeled for that...



Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties