Selena Gomez Red Smoky Eyes AMA's 2015

10:00

Hey everyone!

About 10 days ago the AMA's took place, with the star of the evening: Selena Gomez! Make up wise, anyways. She rocked a red smoky eye which I immediately fell in love with.

Today I want to recreate this eye look in an easy way with only a handful of products.
Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/2546827/best-dressed-amas-2015/
We don't all have these amazing almond-shaped eyes, so I just adapted the look to my eye shape. After doing this, I realised what had always been missing from my red-toned eye looks. Red eyeshadow can easily make you look sick, but with a bold black liner this will be fixed in no-time and complements green and hazel eyes so well!


After priming my eyelids I go in with the Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow in the shade 37, which is a burgundy red with a satin finish. I used this one because the colour is buildable and blendable, so it can look softer at the edges and more intense on the lids. I apply this all over the lid and in the crease, smudge it out and blend it in with my finger, slightly winging it out, and blend the edges with a fluffy crease brush.

To soften it up a little bit I go over it with the red-ish brown shade in the Charlotte Tilbury The Dolce Vita Palette with a tapered crease brush. If you don't want to spend a lot of money on an eyeshadow colour like this, The Rimmel 5 pan eyeshadow palette in Brixton Brown is only £6.99 in Boots and is very similar according to Amanda from Dreaming Pretty. I use the highlight shade for subtle inner corner and brow bone highlighting.

To separate the red shade from the eyes so I don't look like a zombie, I line my waterline with the Mac Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline, which is a matte black. I never ever do that, lining my waterline with a deep black colour, but it really suits this look, it's what Selena wears as well and I was kind of recreating it anyway. It didn't stay on my waterline very well and had to re-apply a few times during the day, but I really love the look of it. I should probably get a waterproof one for this purpose.

I lined my upper lash line in a very bold way and didn't wing it out. Maybe I should have, slightly, to create more of an almond-shape, but oh well. It's adaptation, not imitation. I used my Kiko Ultimate Pen Long Wear Eyeliner for this; the tip is quite sturdy so it's easy to make a bolder line.

Because I never ever EVER wear false lashes, I wanted to create a really dramatic look with my mascara alone. I used the Maybelline The Colossal Volum'Express Smoky Eyes mascara for the first coat, to separate them and give them a good base coat, and to make them more voluminous and "false"-looking I applied a second coat with the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara

That's the eye look done! A quick run down of all the other products on my face:

-Bourjois Air Mat foundation 02 Vanilla + Rimmel Match Perfection in 010 Light Porcelain
-Maybelline Eraser Eye concealer in Light under the eyes
-Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer in Light Neutral + Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in Light for blemishes
-Bourjois Healthy Balance powder in 52 Vanilla under the eyes, Rimmel Stay Matte powder on the face
-The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 03 all over + The Balm Balm Desert bronzer for contouring
-The Balm Cindy-Lou Manizer on the cheeks
-Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Taupe + Urban Decay Frisk eyeshadow from Naked Basics 2 palette on the brows, followed up by Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel
-Rimmel Kate nude lipsticks in 43 and 45 on the lips





I'm secretly convinced Selena read Alice's blog, because she posted a very similar look a few days before the AMA's. On top of that, she uses drugstore products only. Check out her video tutorial on this eye look!


Lots of love,
Charline
xoxo




Follow

You Might Also Like

0 reacties